[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/scg/ - Shipping Container General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: RuggedCabin2.jpg (589KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
RuggedCabin2.jpg
589KB, 1500x1125px
Post schematics, Pictures, Ideas, and knowledge for other anons to see and learn from! If you currently have a container, it is extremely encouraged to post pictures of it and tell us your plans.
>>
>>1088235
Above-ground edition, I hope
>>
File: 1463143753688.jpg (727KB, 766x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463143753688.jpg
727KB, 766x1200px
>>1088243
why stop there
>>
>>1088235
my current set up is an underwater base make of shipping containers

i have shipping containers inside a volcano with lava protection

i have shipping containers inside a cloud suspended by balloons

i got shipping containers disguised as shipping containers, that project more shipping containers at you when you open them up

SHIPPING CONTAINER !!!!!!!
>>
>>1088235

I have a shipping container. I use it for storage.
>>
>>1088235
Buying 14 acres in march. Buying 5 containers and tying them together for a makeshift shop. Just gonna insulate and hang 1/2" plywood walls and ceiling for screwing shit all over the place. Have wood stove.

Nothing soecial but i will post here all of my shit when i have downtime and diy can make a project with me.
>>
>>1088243
>2016
>not using pallets to brace the walls of your shitty container buried 20 feet under ground.
>>
>>1088325
My sides.
>>
>>1088451
Hell yeah
>>
>>1088235
>/scg/ - Shipping Container General

/diy/ what have you become?
>>
>>1088325
garrysmod.jpg
>>
File: 1477436378506.jpg (3MB, 1320x990px) Image search: [Google]
1477436378506.jpg
3MB, 1320x990px
>>
Dont use shipping containers they are only designed to hold the weight at particular spots like stacking another shipping container on top

if you want to bury it make something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO25JYAaJC0
>>
>>1088235
Give me a few acres and I could live in that container for the rest of my life.
>>
>>1088516
OP is trying to contain them
>>
>>1088325
Well they are made for shipping.
>>
>>1089016
What do I do if I'm not sponsored by sky?
>>
>>1089016
give collin furze a shipping container and chances are he'll attach a pulse jet to it and you'll end up with this >>1088325
>>
>>1089343
god damn it. I appreciate this post, anon
>>
>>1088235
Sometimes when logging in a remote mountain location we have a shipping container mounted on a truck trailer that we sleep in. It has beds, a stove and a table and chairs. It's kind of nice to sleep in when the rats are not digging around in the insulation.
>>
>>1088333
Numerous containers survived direct hits from 30mm A-10 "Warthog" cannon during the Iraq war. The springy corrugations dissipate energy and the projos bounce off. The immortal Corten steel shells last centuries even without paint, which is only decorative. The US Navy has a fleet of containers at the bottom of the Marianas trench where they dock submarines made from containers for underwater replenishment. Hawaii successfully used lava flow to encase containers to make attractive tourist lodges. Transatmospheric scramjet powered containers have been developed into launch platforms for smaller containers to be used in the post-Brexit EU space containerstation. North Korea replaced their old dug shelters under mountains with containers painted like mountains. (The insides are painted with cute anime characters to boost morale.) Elon Musk prototyped an electric container to replace the Tesla since the container is more aesthetically appealing than the car and has a lot more battery room. The mayor of Detroit has decided to replace his decaying city with containers. The old buildings will be demolished and the rubble hauled off in other containers, loaded onto rafts made of containers, and shipped to China via the St. Lawrence seaway where it will be ground up and the metal residue used to make more containers. US Navy SEALS stealthily infiltrate enemy ports using containers cunningly disguised as containers. Israel is solving the Palestinian problem by storing them in containers. (Germany tried to solve the Jewish problem using wooden freight cars, but the container hadn't been invented yet.) Donald Trumps border wall will be easily affordable if built from containers. Any Beaners who slip in by other routes can be detained in containers then trucked to Beanland where containers will be donated as housing.
>>
>>1091068
kek
>>
>>1088451
I've joined two High Cubes as a shop. It's easy. No windows so no point in pics, but I'll run through tips you can use.Place your power pole first with a panel on the pole, and outdoor outlets including a 50A receptacle for powering welders and compressors. You can connect a subpanel indoors at leisure. They only need support at the corners. A good railroad tie under each end is sufficient on hard ground. You can then shim the corners level.You can join the roofs with 2" strips of 1/8" steel sheet. I ordered a 4x8 and had it sheared to make strips. A suitcase feeder and flux core wire worked nicely. I tacked the high side, hammered it to meet the low side (all containers are not precisely identical), tacked the low side then ran beads all the way down. Fuck sealant. I stick welded the corner fittings together and to the heavy I-beams I have under the ends for elevation. Do not use cheap roof sealer. DO NOT USE CHEAP ROOF SEALER. That white silicone "premium" coating at chain stores turns into a sponge. Rustoleum red primer applied by roller works well. 3M 5200 is the goo of the gods. Do not use RTV or caulk when you seal external connections. Get 5200. You'll thank me later. Wear disposable nitrile gloves. Go to the Sea Box and other industrial/military container websites for ideas. Industry and military have all the very best methods and practices covered. No need to invent anything. Don't screw shit to the walls. That makes holes, leaks and rust. You can tack weld elevator bolt flanges, or through-bolt using galvanized or stainless hardware sealed with 5200. There are many ways to hang shit off container walls using the tiedown loops at the ceiling. The loops on ceiling and floor make good winch points. I use a Wyeth-Scott comealong. You want one for many things.An empty High Cube weighs only about 10,000lbs. You can move them with a winch, a comealong, pipe rollers and snatch blocks. My J-hook wrecker chain set came in handy.
>>
>>1091077
continued:
A Simplex jack is expensive new but often cheap used. They are very nice. You want one but not at new price. A forklift jack is wonderful and may be worth buying new. I use mine for machinery lifting and it's quite capable of lifting one end of a container. You will need a base plate to keep the jack from sinking. Heavy wood cribbing will be useful, 6x6 or railroad ties etc are handy. Keep an eye out for used steel man doors with or without frames. Opening container end doors gets old. You can fab a door too. Also see Weldingweb and the Miller forums. Folks at both have done containers. You'll want a Sawzall, a 6" angle grinder with a box of cutting discs, and perhaps a heavy Skilsaw for use with the same discs. I adapt the discs with washers. Get some foam ear plugs for interior work. If you want open indoor space some framing or selective wall cutting will be required.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.