[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about what we did today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: splash.png (82KB, 503x383px) Image search: [Google]
splash.png
82KB, 503x383px
So I am long time visitor of /diy/
Let's share what we made ourselves today.
I made a simpl file upload website for my friend: https://transient.ml/ (feel free to use it, but don't abuse it...)
Although i usually tinker in my garage with metal (lathe) and wood (mainly plywood sadly - yea i'm lazy).
Also i try to do at least one creative thing every week to keep myself in trim.
>>
Also do you plan on making bird boxes this winter?
>>
i worked all day like a wage slave cuck

must be nice to sit around and /diy/ with your dick while the rest of us pay your NEET welfare you piece of shit.
>>
>>1088200
Same here. OP get your hands to work on something other than your dick
>>
>>1088200
Ummm wat...
I can see you're a little misguided.
Maybe try finding a better job?
>>
>>1088194
I've made a nesting box once, for 5 years in hang on the tree, not a single time any bird tried it... At last a squirrel had babies there.
>>
File: Diagram.jpg (247KB, 853x586px) Image search: [Google]
Diagram.jpg
247KB, 853x586px
Finished an art grant/residency application.
>>
>>1088240
care to share some more info?
>>
File: 1405978636565.jpg (6KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
1405978636565.jpg
6KB, 252x200px
>>1088194
I spent all day in meetings. Everyone is still as confused as they were yesterday. I'm having to slow down my speech and use 'simpler' words whenever I talk about something. Two people don't like each other and bicker back and forth, perpetually finding the slightest reason to disagree at the expense of everyone else's time. A girl won't look up from her phone, then ask questions that were answered seconds before. The newbie proposed something that is actually quite good, but got disregarded for him being too green and not quite having the right background.
As for "making", I steamed some vegetables for dinner and now I'm answering question on /ohm/. Gotta be useful somewhere at least.
>>
File: VG_LSCO_CIMG5628s.jpg (119KB, 966x872px) Image search: [Google]
VG_LSCO_CIMG5628s.jpg
119KB, 966x872px
>>1088241
I did this project a year ago:
http://hackaday.com/2016/02/25/nes-light-gun-turned-video-synthesizer/

If I build one with the light gun on a helmet I should be able to get 3D effects similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw , but with zero lag because I do everything in hardware and psychedelic rainbows because art.

This is the art group: http://signalculture.org/
>>
>>1088246
Oh that's very neat!
>>
File: 20161122_230011.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_230011.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
>>1088194

Prototyping my Nixie clock.
>>
>>1088275
Have you heard about that guy from central europe(?) who makes his own tubes?
>>
>>1088358
Found him:
Dalibor Farny, cool guy.
http://www.daliborfarny.com/
>>
>>1088358
That the same dude who posted here a while back ?
>>
>>1088526
Don't think it was.
>>
>>1088526
Wasn't it glasslinger or sth like that?
It wans't dalibor farny for sure.
>>
So I drove home from my build site today. I have a van full of tools as there is no shelter yet. It was dark, I had been laying concrete bricks for the foundation the whole day and craning up more pallets of bricks so that I can continue tomorrow without needing to start with collecting stuff.
Turned off the sodium vapor lights and very good light became no light at all. Nights are dark and long here in Western sibiria.
Talked to my friend on the phone and drove off the main road when suddenly a loud crash can be heard from the back and I quit the call and head out, horrified about what happened.
The dark road is littered with shit, and one big chunk is ominously lying I the middle of the road.
My smashweld 250 three phase mag welding machine. I had been driving with the sliding side door open and the ratchet strap that was holding the machine had gotten loose. I haven't examined the damage but the cable to the handle broke, and probably the gas regulator. Probably some more stuff. Might be trash now. I was feeling really bad earlier but watched some "The league of gentlemen", drank two beers and smoked a few cigarettes, which I normally don't do. Now I'm starting to see the humour in it but it was something extraordinary stupid to do but such tings happen. I think I need to spend some money on a wedding machine suddenly!
>>
File: IMG_2861.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2861.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I made alot things round.
Not sure if posting pictures of products would be legal considering certain NDA's
>>
Fixed my pants; they had some holes/rips that needed mending.
>>
>>1088577
pretty long parts this grinder can take, how do you cope with sagging of the part at such extreme lengths??
>>
>>1088604
If it sags while grinding it will probably sag when its installed and working, usually they tell me that.
Besides 6,5 meter between centers isn't extremely long.
Machines doing 15+ exist
>>
File: 18vh1a.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
18vh1a.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>1088381

Yeah, I found his site randomly when I was searching for Nixie information and wound up reading his entire blog. I would LOVE to be able to make some Argon or Helium filled Nixes. Unfortunately I cannot afford the equipment that he has.
>>
>>1088641
How do you manage vibrations when grinding long thin stock? Is there some "magick" way to dampen it?
>>
i worked my ass off in my day job, then went to driving school. Then looked up what soldering station to buy and will spent the rest of the night thinking if i should use potentiometers and ADC or rotary encoders for my little midi controller project. I think i will go with rotary encoders, less analog feel but interrups on pin change makes polling of the encoders much faster and efficient then using pots.
>>
this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC0JzLUZeyI
>>
File: 2016-11-23 22.08.03.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-23 22.08.03.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>1088194
i changed my 1984 Vespa P125X from breaker points ignition to full on electronic, i swapped the 125cc cylinder head for a 150 one. changed to standard ignition coil to a Ducati ignition pack.fitted cats eye tail tights and front stainless steel crash bars.

so far it's also had a 5 port barrel and reed valves fitted, polished and ported crank shaft, cometition clutch, Vespa T5 gearing, 28mm carb upjetted from 98 to 106 and a Simonini sports exhaust fitted and new adjustable suspension front and rear. i also gave it a custom red candy over silver paint job a couple of months back

still to be done,
lay grip tape on the floorboards, black plastic edging trim to be fitted to the Lambretta GP front muguard and around rear edges of floorboards. new long range fuel tank to be painted and fitted, wiring loom replaced seeing as it'd half PX and half EFL at the moment.horn and driving light to be wired up, then its just ebuilding it, putting the saddle and pad on, rear view mirrors, back brake pedal, horncast and headset top, then adding a few bling bits
>>
>>1088672
She needs a paintjob IMO
>>
File: IMG_2798.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2798.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1088650
long thin is very uncommon, but we have counter pressure rollers to stop the vibration.
>>
>>1089091
Looks like rubber.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.