[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me cut polypipe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Hey lads

I literally have kilometers of 130mm O/D polypipe to cut into various short lengths. Traditionally it's been cut using handheld wood saws but like I said there is kilometers of it.

I was thinking perhaps a mitre saw however I'm having dramas finding one that can cut that diameter and a steel drop saw has a high potential for blade failure due to clogging and overheating.

What to do??
>>
File: saw-7in_cutting_cap_0_0[1].jpg (169KB, 380x310px) Image search: [Google]
saw-7in_cutting_cap_0_0[1].jpg
169KB, 380x310px
>>1087892
portable band saws

check specs
>>
If you were doing it by hand before, is a reciprocating saw/saber saw/sawzall enough of an upgrade? Maybe you could even go cheap with a jigsaw.

Just get a pack of quality, long, 10 tpi blades and go as slow as you can without burning out the motor.
>>
>>1087892
chainsaw
>>
>>1087896
>reciprocating saw
yep
>>
>>1087895
Mate this is almost perfect, plus I have easier access to air than power.

Didn't even know the cunts existed

Legend
>>
>>1087892
can this type of plastic be cut with a hot wire?
>>
>>1087897
The dewatering boys run em but unfortunately not an option. Cheers
>>
>>1087896
I've considered but don't think it will be they will be heavy duty enough, plus the cut being square is of high priority in this case
>>
>>1087904
Yes but I doubt it would be Efficient

Cheers
>>
>>1087904
>can this type of plastic be cut with a hot wire?
It can be cut with cotton string if you've got the patience.
>>
>>1087892
I work on a mine site we use poly pipe all the time a chain saw works the best. If you don't like using petrol saws get an electric one
>>
>>1087892
There are loads of mitre saws that will cut 130mm no problem, that's what I'd use, quick, accurate, cheap, easy.
>>
>>1087905

You got km's of pipe to cut bruh. I dont think you understand how long a km is
>>
>>1087892

Get something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cp6kOFP4Iw

You can rig it up to auto stop at distances past the normal shut off thingy prdy easy.
>>
You don't need some giant friggin blade that's large enough to cut through the diameter of the pipe.
Instead use a normal chop saw, plunge it down into the pipe, THEN SPIN THE PIPE.
>>
>>1087892

Best to create table lamps :) Cut it in a length you want, put a lamp inside and ... profit
>>
>>1088792

The color of the light in the environment will be the color of the plastic tube. There are orange, yellow, green and blue, but maybe other colors in the market.
>>
>>1088784
I don't think you understand how much pipe this man has to cut, you need to factor in his wimpy NEET arms.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.