[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stick and Poke Tattoos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Hey everybody, does anyone know how to make stick and poke tattoos? Materials, techniques...
>>
I'll preface this by telling you this: don't fucking do it. It's cool when you're in junior high, but then you grow up and realize you've got a shitty tattoo that you need to deal with. You absolutely will regret it. The only tattoos I have that I regret are the ones I did myself.

That being said, here's how I did it:

You need:
A pencil (un-sharpened)
A sewing needle
Some thread
India ink

Simply use the thread to fasten the needle to the end of the pencil, leaving about 1/2-3/4" sticking past the end of the pencil. Then, wind the thread around the end of the needle as close to the point as you can get it. Then just tie the string off and that's that.

Then just dip the tip into the ink and start stabbing out your design. You can stencil it out with pen or something, or just kind of free-hand it. It'll turn out pretty janky either way.

I recommend designs like OP's pic. Simple outline type designs with no fill. Solid fill is a pain in the ass with stick and poke. I ended up making a shitty prison-style tattoo machine for later ones with solid fill.
>>
>>1086943
Alternatively use a chopstick with preferably a crack in it to fit the pin into. Chopsticks tend to be thinner than pencils and allow for greater accuracy.

Also dude I know the feeling, made my own prison style tattoo gun out of an alarm clock, phone cable, electric toothbrush, a pen and some sweatbands. It was crude but it did the job, filled in my tattoo's nicely. I acknowledge my own design was shit in comparison to professional standards but I still felt a sense of pride.
Shit was cash.
>>
Google it, dumbass teenager
>>
>>1087423
Precision and accuracy don't come from the diameter of the handle. It's all going to come from you. I think it would be more awkward and fatiguing to hold on to a thin chopstick for hours (it will take a couple hours).
>>
File: homepoke.jpg (100KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
homepoke.jpg
100KB, 1000x1400px
>>1086941
Stick and Pokes are super rad dude.
>>
File: 1450758346196.jpg (66KB, 944x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450758346196.jpg
66KB, 944x640px
>>1087726
>gloves
Afraid of catching AIDS twice?
>>
>>1087726
wtf is with that tattoo of a dick with the head shopped off?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.