[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about fortifying a house in Detroit so I could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 14654654849.jpg (266KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
14654654849.jpg
266KB, 1050x591px
How would I go about fortifying a house in Detroit so I could feel safe going to work an hour and a half away

I was kind of thinking of buying a house in Detroit because they are so incredibly cheap even when they were built very recently.

I found a 3 bedroom 2 bath, built in 2001 with a finished basement for 40K. In fact there are a lot, Mostly bank owned.

I live about an hour from Detroit now but in a very good neighborhood.

How would I go about fortifying it?

>one of the more rural parts of Detroit. It's like going back to country It's so deserted
>>
burn it down

no one can steal what isn't there.
>>
>>1086725
Depends on what part of detroit to be honest.

Fencing, run of the mill security systems, wifi stuff so you can record movement and check on the place from your phone. I spend a decent amount of time there and there are areas it seems like nothing would matter in, as you won't get cops anywhere near it in less than a half an hour.

Bars on windows would probably do the trip for the most part though if it's getting shit stolen that you're worried about.
>>
>>1086725

Easiest way would be to give it wheels.

That way, you can tow it out of Detroit.
>>
>>1086725
If you're in a black area, hang a sign over the front door that says "Public Library". You won't even need to lock the door.
>>
>>1087151
and the crackheads looking for a warm place to jerk off?
>>
You will always be a target and more to the point, so will your stuff. Only someone with insufficient life experience around CHUDs would ask your question.

The point of owning a home is economic segregation, not immersion with less accomplished losers. That's why even in racially homogeneous societies smart earners avoid the poor and keep their motherfucking distance.

Detroit manufacturing was an accident of history during the Golden Age, and automotive monoculture coupled with a horrible frozen location (from a business POV) means it's not worth redevelopment unless Michigan bribes the developers. If you aren't a commercial developer, you don't matter.

Detroit will remain vulnerable to economic downturns. Very vulnerable, and now it's a dumping ground for Middle Eastern refugees too.

I like Michigan but investing in Detroit as a homeowner is fucking stupid because it makes no economic sense. Find a place in a neighborhood with a future and avoid the fucking city.
>>
>>1086725
Fence that sit up, throw two bitches in there, fila brasilero will be your best bet, used to be a nigger hunting dog

https://youtu.be/P_U9SzYYV4Y
>>
>>1086725
>How would I go about fortifying a house in Detroit
fuck off back to where you belong Jace/Ta8co/crossdressingbitchnigger
>>>/k/
>>
Cheap market prices means that no one wants to live there. So even if you fortify the place, you will eventually hate living there. Save your money and keep looking for the worst house in the best neighborhood that you can afford in your area.
>>
File: Rozsochac.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Rozsochac.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
>>
>>1086725
Enjoy paying back taxes on a place that you're probably going to have to tear down anyways because all the copper is gone and half of Detroit has made meth and/or smoked crack inside.
>>
>>1086725
get robocop
how do you want fortifying? whas your budget?
wat do you imagine wall? barbwire? landmines? aligator pitt?
>>
>>1087615
Detroit has the highest property tax rate in the country. That is why so much shit is abandoned. Cant give away houses there.
>>
>>1086725
add a proper fence, have an airlock with two separate keys and maybe steel door. No windows on the first floor. Or just move to Windsor :^)
>>
Steel over all windows, get a steel door/garage, deadbolts/bolt locks.
>>
>>1086725
brick walls, barbed wire, fire a couple of rounds every night and have like three pitbulls or rottweilers with rabies chained. should keep a nigga out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.