[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An old Jacobsen snow blower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: fuck my shit up.jpg (37KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
fuck my shit up.jpg
37KB, 456x320px
Any snow blower fags here?
I have an ancient Jacobsen Imperial 2-stage snow plower.
No idea when it was made but it has a Tecumseh engine.
It suddenly doesn't start. I've changed the spark plug, drained the old gas and cleaned the carburator, injected gas from the plug hole, heated the plug, you name it I've tried all the nig rigs out there.

The spark is fine, it gets gas but it just won't fire. Just a month ago, when I took it out of the garage it started with the first pull. Now it doesn't even try.
What the fuck is wrong with this thing?
>>
>>1086436
Also it starts when I spray start pilot but stops immediately when I stop.
>>
You using new fuel, and not shit thats been sitting in a can?

Also check the carb needle float, and pump if it has one. If it runs on starter fluid, then its probably a fuel issue. Dump a little fuel stright into the intake. Give it a rip.
>>
>>1086441
It's new fuel. I've sprayed it straight from the plug hole and it doesn't even try to start.
Seems weird if this is a carburator issue, since it runs on start pilot and the plug gets wet.
It should atleast be trying to start.
>>
If it is 2smoke check this guide http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Fred's_Guide
>>
>>1086448
it's a 4-stroke. I'm only guessing but it must have at least 10hp.
Did some serious snow with it last winter.
It worked when I put it to the garage, it worked when I took it from the garage, now that there's work to do, it doesn't start
>>
>>1086450
did you let it sit with gas in it, or did you drain the tank and carb?

it might be gummed up with varnish, take the carb apart and remove all gaskets, o rings, and soak it in kerosene. it will dissolve the varnish if any is present.

also if you have a set of torch tip cleaners, use the next size smaller than what fits in the jets and clean the jets out.

varnish could have flaked off from inside the tank and worked its way through to the carb and plugs it up when a vacuum is present.

just be careful to remove just about everything that's not metal when you soak it in kerosene, kerosene will dissolve gaskets and o rings.

also if it has an air filter, check to see if it needs to be replaced.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.