[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheapest lightbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Alright I need about a 3 by 3 foot lightbox. I'm taking a 6x6inch sketch of and blowing it up on my computer to make it wall hangable and to also add color/paint to it. But I need a sorta large light box. I tried google and it gave me people putting lamps under clear glass.

Id like to keep the whole project under 30 dollars... I thought about an old TV screen with a piece of glass over top of it might work. But I checked craigslist and got nothing in the free section.
>>
>>1085917

it seems a more appropriate device would be a slide projector. you can find cheap ones working off a D battery for a couple of bucks at a thrift store. real projectors with the 200W bulb are around $8.

as for LED screens, i live near a small TV repair store, and like 9 out of 10 days, there will be dead LCD TVs in the lane next to it.
>>
>>1085917
Looking at my lightbox now. It's probably 2 feet wide x 1.5 high and its pretty much just a frosted plexiglass type screen with some cheap bulbs in it. Shouldn't be to hard to put one together yourself.
But if you're trying to blow up a picture to paint by hand, I'd suggest turning your smartphone into a projector.
>>
>>1085917

I made one for reversing hand drawn etching for circuits. Frame out of cheap 2x2 holds a cut down sheet of translucent plastic from a florescent lamp (the 2'x4' flat ones) backed with a sheet of thicker plexiglass I had lying around. The plastic for those lights is really thin so it needs some support. You might be able to get a thin sheet of fiberglass.

I lit mine with a regular bulb, but a florescent would work too.
>>
>>1085917
Remove the panel from a flatscreen TV, add glass. Diffusor plates and everything are already behind it. You can find TVs with broken panels at your local electronics dump, ask nicely and they most likely won't have a problem.with you taking one.
>>
>>1085917

Yeah a broken LCD TV is probably your best bet, getting relatively even lighting across 3x3 foot isn't that easy without the thing becoming huge otherwise.

Just keep looking, or maybe go to the local tip and butter up the people running it and get one there.
>>
>>1085917
You don't have a large window you could tape it too?
>>
>>1086507
No my windows are like the small panes. The whole thing wouldn't fit.

I think maybe the old TV would work best. Just gotta keep an eye out for one.
>>
I used a glass coffee table with a lamp underneath. I laugh at how ridiculously well it worked.
>>
>>1085917
>blowing it up on my computer
then what is the point of the light box
>>
>>1085917
you can use old tvs and computer monitors to make light boxes but honestly they look pretty shit. you have to keep most of the internal circuitry to make them work right and it a huge bother. best way is to just make a box with a light on the back and use cooking parchment to defuse the light. you can use perspex or glass for the drawing side to specification
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.