[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently starten taking my rally car apart, and discovered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20140801_031027482_i_OS.jpg (198KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
20140801_031027482_i_OS.jpg
198KB, 600x800px
I recently starten taking my rally car apart, and discovered that the previous owners have straightened and "welded" dents using duct tape and seam sealer.
Working on cleaning everything now.
Anyone have som nifty tricks for pulling out sheet metal in cramped spaces like the inside of wheel arches?

Pic sort of related. Couldn't get a good pic of mine as it is still mostly covered by sealer.
>>
yeah take the panel off you lazy piece of shit
>>
Collet style dent puller and a stud welder or just MIG the studs to the steel.
>>
>>1088092
that or just drill through and use a bolt and a couple nuts, but your still left with holes to fill

your best bet, use a hammer and dollies and remove the panels if you have too
>>
>>1085915
Tack weld a nail, point first, to the bottom of the dent,
then tug on the head of the nail with a pair of bigger pliers.
Remember that tack welds are strong only in one direction,
and will break in the other, which makes removing them later easy
>>
>>1089541
>but your still left with holes to fill

Stud welding removes the need to make holes in sheet metal. It's a huge time saver.

You can tack them with a MIG or use the appropriate stud welder. A slide hammer style collet puller exerts much more force than visegrips

https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Shot-1001-Welding-Stud/dp/B000GHWI7A/ref=pd_lpo_263_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9MAM9RP9EGJXZBHQ4V84
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.