[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a solar blanket mobile fid tech anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 20161117_185031.jpg (996KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_185031.jpg
996KB, 2560x1440px
Ask a solar blanket mobile fid tech anything.
>>
>>1085818
Are those 4x4s carrying load?
>>
File: 20161117_185104.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_185104.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
God damn it. I mean field tech.
>>
File: 20161117_185045.jpg (1005KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_185045.jpg
1005KB, 2560x1440px
>>1085820
Fuck, idk. I'm just paid to sling that ship up with staples.

Actually, they're huge beams. It was nothing out of the ordinary for someone who started out with a smallog cabin and renovated it to some thing larger.
>>
>>1085824

Isn't reflective insulation supposed to be airtight?
>>
>>1085836
Its all a meme anon.. Another way to hand over your hard earned shekels.
>>
>>1085840

Double glazing works pretty well.
>>
>>1085853
Its an efficiency verse cost and maintenance problem .
>>
>>1085818
Why should I even consider this stuff over other alternatives?
>>
File: 20161115_180530.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_180530.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>1085836
>>1085840
No, not airtight. We want moisture to not be sealed in.

>>1085853
>>1085858
>>1085947
Solar blanket works best in conjunction with other insulation. It's a thermal barrier that uses its reflective properties to keep different temperatures where they belong.

Good shit, this stuff is. I have it up in my windows and it's a night and day difference, summer and winter.

It can go anywhere, which our sales reps take advantage of much to my shagrin... They'll make us wrap water heaters and ducting.
>>
How often do you fap to the sun in your solar blankets?
>>
File: 20161117_184450.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_184450.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>1086064
Never. We have mineral spirits for the roof calk we use. Probably could use that.
>>
I live in an old house that has little to no insulation in the walls and moderate insulation in the attic. The walls get warm/cool very easily depending on the weather outside. The attic has a layer of old vermiculite insulation from the 50's (which might have asbestos contamination) and a layer of fiberglass bats over the top of that. They are in the 'floor' of the attic, not in the roof. Would adding more attic insulation help us much or is the shit wall insulation just going to fuck us?
>>
>>1086378
Radiant barriers work best in open spaces without other insulation. Since you already have insulation in place, putting attic foil in as well is pretty much useless. Also, adding insulation to the attic won't affect your walls.

http://www.energyvanguard.com/blog-building-science-HERS-BPI/bid/41522/Oooh-Shiny-Stuff-Radiant-Barrier-Fundamentals
>>
>>1086389
Your walls are killing you, by how you're making it sound. If you wanted to add more insulation in the attic, go for it... But honestly I'd figure out the wall shituation first.

You could either tare down the wall and add your batting, or you could poke a little hole in the top in between the studs and squirt in that foam stuff. I've never really done walls, so that's not really my area of expertise.

Also, check your windows and door frames. Make sure draft isn't coming in from there.
>>
>>1085818
>Ask a solar blanket mobile fid tech anything.

Tell us about how you lost your virginity. I want ages and details. Was it with a relative?
>>
>>1086810
I figured. The house is pretty close to air tight, we had a test done. The windows were replaced with double pane some years back and I've serviced all of the weather stripping. It's on a slab so really the only thing left is the walls. It's gonna be a huge expense, though. I wish the fuckers that built the place back in the 50's had had a little more foresight.
>>
>>1085818
what would you recommend to a place that since its been built, over 100 years ago, without t any insulation of any kind (straight up brick to the outside and a couple inches of cement), should apply to its walls to retain some heat in winter and cool (no-heat) in the summer. (temps can vary from 100°F/ 39° C in the summer, to 23°/-5°C on winter colds)
i mean, this issue eats through my wallet. In wintertime, hourly consumption has been up to 4000 W on a single 20 amps Max circuit.

thanks in advance, and any sort lf suggestion you may have comes extra handy
>>
>>1086810
FYI, doing either of these things may cause long term water damage to a houses exterior walls if there isn't a proper vapor barrier behind the exterior facade. Basically, water vapor (humidity) seeps into the wall, where there use to be only space and only a little surface to condensate on there is now insulation to collect and store the moisture. Over time, it can eat away the wall from the inside. In older homes it's best to wait until the facade needs to be replaced to add the barrier and then add insulation.

I added your type of product to a west facing garage door. It worked out pretty good for that house. Do you sell garage door kits? My new house has a North facing door and the previous thing I used was a paint to cut and install.
>>
>>1085820
Well I dont think they are there to separate the area into different living spaces.
>>
>>1087250
It was to an unrelated fat chick while her mom wasn't home.
>>1087304
Dude. Anything is better than nothing here. I've thrown blown-in insulation and the solar blanket into 100yo houses, and even done the pocket attics that were being uses as closets.

I've heard stories from coworkers of having to glue our solar blanket to stone faces, and frankly that guy was retarded. Earlier, someone mentioned a link that explained the solar blanket in a way that made even more sense to me... I would honestly build a framework or lattice work so you could tack the material up to the wall and have a small void between the material and the wall.

>>1087332
Moisture damage on the exterior walls, that's not something I'm familiar with in this field. I work primarily in attics and crawlspace.

And for the garage door kits? No, we don't have anything except the solar blanket, facial brackets for our little 15 watt solar panels, the fans and our light tubes. The other side of our company does actual solar panels, buuuut that's for me to discuss after I transfer there within the next month or so ;)
>>
File: 20161121_125023.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161121_125023.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Forgot to post this.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.