[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Distillation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: SS-Airstill-Lo-Res.jpg (174KB, 836x1191px) Image search: [Google]
SS-Airstill-Lo-Res.jpg
174KB, 836x1191px
Has anyone here tried their hand at home distillation? I'm curious what anyone has made and how it came out.
>>
>>1085549
I make a cheap wash to get some high proof alcohol through my reflux still.

I also do lots of cognacs and shit from various fruit wines I make.

My favorite is mango, orange juice and pineapple done up with some white sugar to target 12.5% alcohol then distill it to 65% for a fucking tasty hard liqour.
>>
>>1085730
Can you go over what the mash recipe is and materials / tools needed to distill
>>
>>1085730
The mango cognac?

I dont follow any one recipe. I wing it each time

Generally ill do:
>3 or 4 of the large Jumex Mango juice (i think they're 64oz)
>1 can of pineapple juice
>and a carton of orange juice
>then add sugar (or honey) to get to the right brix
>for yeast I'll use the 1136

Sometimes the store will have pineapple on sale and Ill slice it up and use that instead of the juice. Ill blend it with some orange juice to a fine pulp. I guess its more of a brandy than anything
Literally just throw a bunch of complimenting fruit juices together and youll end up with something very drinkable.
>>
>>1085741
I haven't done a true mash yet. We did a lot of fruit based stuff over fall. We made applejack, pear brandy, and a blueberry brandy that is aging in oak right now.

The tools are simple. All you need is a fermenter, just like you'd use for beer or wine. Your fermented product is then put into the still. We're just getting started so we are using the air still I posted in the photo. It has a 4L or 1 Gallon capacity, and will produce about 700-800ML or about a fifth. The strength depends on the alcohol content of your wine/beer/mash/wash you began with. We've been yielding 40%-60% on a first run.
>>
>>1085748
We got a very pleasant applejack out of just plain old frozen concentrate apple juice. I was pleasantly surprised.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.