[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isolating path to the attic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20161117_204608.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161117_204608.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
Its Winter time and i need do safe money. The path to my unisolated attic is unisolated.
Herr are some pics. Its basically getting really cols in the house because of it.

I thought about making a trapdoor with thick wood, bit it would probably be too heavy. Any suggestions? Meeds to be cheap.
>>
File: IMG_20161117_204625.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161117_204625.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
>>1085531
Sorry for typos posting from phone
Another pic
>>
>>1085531
a plastic sheet and duct tape make it air tight
>>
>>1085531
I assume you mean insulated. But a cheap interior door and frame it in with 2x4s. That will help alot.

You should take some better pics (of the last step and floor)

Your walls look like a bad framing job, so your best bet would be to put some ridged insulation in. (i would just do the walls on the stairs)

What is the insulation on the ceiling of first level/floor of attic?

Either way the first step is sealing the stairway off you can either put in a door (might be a bitch with your current framing but its hard to tell) or do what >>1085537
said.
>>
File: 1479412314734.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
1479412314734.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
>>1085538
no insulation, just typical roof bricks.

I live in germany, dk how it's called.

There is a door, but just a thin wooden door.

I thought about as you said to insulate the wall with glass fiber insulation, very cheap in my local market.

pic related maybe?

Im a bit retarded and drunk so fuck it.
>>
>>1085551
the door at the bottom of the stairs will be more helpful, it will create a trap for cold air. If you are really worried about it you could do both, the door and the plastic at the top like your pic. but you may run into problems with it not 'breathing' and creating condensation. you can always fill gabs and cracks around the door, with door stop or some sort of weather strip.

The rigid insulation would be better/easier to use here is a link of what type i'm talking about
http://www.homedepot.com/b/Building-Materials-Insulation-Rigid-Insulation/N-5yc1vZbaxx

I only suggest this type of insulation because, your framing doesn't look deep enough to put fiberglass in, also it doesn't look like you framing is 16 inch on center, or any other standard (not sure what it is in germany).
>>
>>1085555
checked my quads

>>1085551
also do those walls get cold? if you have no insulation on the ceiling (not the roof) its kinda a moot point to put it on those walls.
>>
>>1085531
Do you have foam panel insulation in Germany? It's very easy to work with.
>>
>>1085551
alright OP I got to go, so here is my best advice to you;

put the door on the bottom of the stairs, get rid of gaps in the door with foam weather striping. If the walls are getting cold to the touch put the ridged insulation on them.

DO NOT just get crazy and start putting insulation all around in the attic. Houses and especially roofs need to be able to breathe.

good luck
>>
>>1085568
you can even put the ridged insulation on the back of the door
>>
File: attic sol blanket.jpg (123KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
attic sol blanket.jpg
123KB, 2048x1152px
Get some of that German foam panel insulation, then throw some solar blanket on. The solar blanket alone will cut the cold in half; it works best in conjunction with other insulation.

Or, just blow fiberglass insulation into your attic and tarp it off with that clear plastic stuff. Stapling it works the best.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.