[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General prop gun thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1849.jpg (19KB, 500x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1849.jpg
19KB, 500x218px
Hey /diy/ my nephew has been really into WWII and I want to make him a little Enfield rifle, any ideas on how to get this bolt to look natural?
>>
>>1084899
Sand it down, heat it until its red hot, then bury it for a week
>>
File: denix.jpg (24KB, 1000x185px) Image search: [Google]
denix.jpg
24KB, 1000x185px
http://www.replicaweaponry.com/denix-wwii-british-lee-enfield-replica-rifle-smle.html
>>
>>1084899
Hey OP I can help!
Drill a little hole in the bolt (vertically down the bolt, not horizontally) and install a small nail/firing pin
Alternatively spot weld the end and shape in with sandpaper to give it a little firing pin made of weld.

Next you take some metal tubing sealed at one end, line the hollow opening at the back of the bolt. Once lined up install a spring, to test you have done it right pulling the bolt back should compress the spring so letting go of it will make the bolt shoot forward.
On the other end of the assembly (the end where the firing pin goes) install a preferriably riffled barrel you can insert a round into.
Get all this shit stick together but make it look like a replica

Pull the bolt back and lock it into position (the spring should be compressed) and load a round into the barrel. If you've done this correctly then knocking the bolt up should make the spring push the bolt with such power that the firing pin strikes the primer of the bullet sending a projectile down your barrel of choice.

Congratulations, you have a working pop gun that shoots genuine boolits.

Greetings from /k/
>>
>>1086920
Thats not anything like a real bolt-action rifle though
T. A /k/omando who isn't autistic :-)
>>
File: leeenfield-bolthandle.gif (111KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
leeenfield-bolthandle.gif
111KB, 500x363px
>>1084899
The bolt on a Lee-enfield is actually quite thick, I think that latch may be too thin (unless it's a really huge one)
>>
>>1086936
Replying to myself to tell you that the diameter of the bottom of the cartridge on a Lee-Enfield is 13mm, so the bolt ought to be something like 15mm wide
>>
>>1084899
I know it isn't diy, but I should note that you can easily buy a drill rifle that looks like a real gun but has no complete barrel so even if you wanted to you couldnt convert it

it will be accurate weight however so that might keep it out of the question
>>
>>1086935
I know, he wants a pop gun, I designed a low caliber pop gun.
Bolt actions are fairly simple in mechanics. Just didn't know how to write it without producing essay level writing.
And yes anon actually is autistic.
>>
>>1087422
It's pRop gun, not pop gun.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.