[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VCR Repair and Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: cvrhf600.jpg (73KB, 853x331px) Image search: [Google]
cvrhf600.jpg
73KB, 853x331px
Just recently picked up pic related and the tapes won't load, as if something stops it. Powers up just fine.
It's a Canon VR-HF600.
>>
>>1084806
Post a 360 degree video so we can look at the back of the thing and see if we can see the power cable.
>>
>>1084806
So they're not going in all the way? Grit in the mechanism?
>>
Why repair garbage
>>
>>1084806
Former VCR repairman here

Could be a number of things.

>sensors are bad and not seeing the tape
>belts, if it has any, are bad
>power supply is bad and not getting enough power to run the motors
>contacts underneath the tape deck are corroded and it's not sensing it's position
>gears may have broke

Also this >>1084812
>>
>>1084806
>the tapes won't load, as if something stops it
There is a tape inside. Eject the one inside before inserting another one, please.
>>
Pro tip when working on these they won't run under incandescent or daylight with the lid off. Fluros don't seem to bother them.
>>
>>1084806
Okay. So have you removed the case and inspected the mechanism? Because that seems like an obvious and logical thing to do, rather than posting in /diy/
>>
>>1084806
Belts always go bad after a while. Make sure the belts aren't slipping.
>>
Looks like a National made for Cannon. They made a few for other brands with different front panels. I seem to remember there was a Grundig Rebadged national.

+1 on belts. It was a common fault. If the belt slipped a bit and the tape didn't go in in a given time it would reverse and spit it back out.
>>
>>1084806
We won't know the issue until you take it appart. One of the more common issues with tape stuff is belts going bad. After a few years, they either go hard, or worse yet, turn into nasty, hard to clean gunk.
>>
File: front.jpg (69KB, 893x302px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
69KB, 893x302px
>>1084811
The tape is almost completely inside and then stops.

>>1084812
Personal favorite movie format.

>>1084828
Thanks

>>1084919
I'm not retarded

>>1084941
I've opened it and can't seem to find anything too out of the ordinary, nothing is in the way, it just stops. Seems it can't make it all the way when loading.

Considering posting a video if anyone is interested.
>>
>>1085251
Not interested, but just posting to appreciate the gorgeous late 80s to mid 90s appeal of that design. Quite the looker.
>>
>>1085254
Yeah, I love the thing. Worth saving.
>>
>>1085254
I still have my an NV850 and NV300. Chucked out some others I had because there is only so much one can keep. I even have a reel to reel video I should find a good home for.

>>1085251
>The tape is almost completely inside and then stops.

They did this if the loading belt was slipping as previously stated. It was sometimes very subtle. Whip the top off and post an internal pic.
>>
>>1085048
>a Grundig Rebadged national

I lie. It was blaupunkt.

Tried looking up a belt kit in our suppliers catalogue. Seems they didn't do cannon vcrs in this country but I'm damn sure its a national.
>>
>>1084812

Absolutely this.
>>
File: 2119111.jpg (3MB, 2545x1965px) Image search: [Google]
2119111.jpg
3MB, 2545x1965px
>>1085294
OP here, I actually took another look and found two gears were melted.

I'll have to see what I can do to replace those.
>>
File: samsung-dvd-v5500_4e642a7702e22.jpg (12KB, 500x113px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-dvd-v5500_4e642a7702e22.jpg
12KB, 500x113px
I just recently got a Samsung DVD5500, It doesn't have as much style as yours but it's a lot newer so that explains it.

Problem mine had was with the DVD player, first off it wouldn't recognize if there was a DVD in the tray or not. Problem there was a tiny piece of plastic on the underside of the tray whose job it is to slide two nylon runners up and down as the tray opens or closes, this in turn either disengages the laser unit or raises it up to the correct distance from the DVD.

Fixed that only to find that the thing now recognizes there is a DVD in the tray but will not read it, however I noticed that it WOULD read audio CDs and as it is a single-diode device this told me that it is likely a power output issue, DVD reading needing a more powerful laser output.

Fortunately on the laser head there were two adjustment screws for CD or DVD power output so that solved problem two.

Now I have a perfectly good DVD + VHS player that outputs both through component video.

I know it isn't relevant to your issue but I just thought I'd chime in and say keep at it!
>>
>>1084806
Remove the preexisting home made CP VHS before loading a new one.
>>
>>1087231
see
>>1086854
>>
>>1086854
>were melted

You mean the rubber wheel in the middle? Those are idler tires and are included in a full belt kit.
>>
>>1087313
You can't see it pictured, it was two actual white gears that melted.
>>
>>1087417
What country are you in anon? I have a mech like that for the taking from a National NVG10.
>>
>>1088156
I'm in the US, CA.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.