[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loose Floor Tile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 51+cdGM4-vL.jpg (53KB, 768x234px) Image search: [Google]
51+cdGM4-vL.jpg
53KB, 768x234px
I have a loose floor tile in my bathroom. I can hear it shift when I step on it and the grout has started to crack.

I watched some videos on how to repair a loose tile without removing it and it seemed to go fine until I needed to get some glue under the tile.

I bought a tube of glue and tried to use a caulking gun to squeeze it under the tile but the glue was too think (I believe it was tile glue). Tried three different caulking guns and none of them could get enough glue out to get under the tile.

Any suggestions on a glue that I could use that is more fluid while wet that could seep under the loose tile easier (or any other suggestions for fixing the tile)?

Thanks in advance.
>>
Better off removing the tile.
>>
>>1084348
You might need to thin the adhesive down with a suitable solvent and use something else to shoot it in. Giant syringe or a turkey baster with a 45* cut to the tip come to mind.

>>1084363
Why even post?
>>
>>1084368
>You might need to thin the adhesive down with a suitable solvent and use something else to shoot it in. Giant syringe or a turkey baster with a 45* cut to the tip come to mind.
That would work, but what glue would you suggest? I can't even get the tile glue out of the tube with a caulking gun. Maybe slice it open?
>>
You will never fix it without taking the tile up ,if its loose enough to take out without breaking it then take it out ,soak it in some warm water for a while to soften the old tile adhesive and scrape it off,if the adhesive is stuck on too hard might be best to leave it on rather than risk breaking the tile.

Get some gorilla glue ,make the floor and tile a little damp and put a few spots of glue on the floor not too much ,weigh the tile down with something heavy as the glue expands,should take a good hour and it will be ready to grout.
>>
>>1084482
This won't work. No way that thinset will ever scrape off the tile easily. You can try to chisel it off the tile and the floor (is the subfloor concrete or durock?), but be careful because the tile will break pretty easily.

Once you get it cleaned off enough, get some tile thinset, mix it up, and lay the tile. Then regrout and you're all set.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.