[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 20161114_142802.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161114_142802.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Just changed our the power steering pump and alternator on the wife's car. Trying to put it all back together and I can't figure out where this fucking cord goes. The alternator already had both of its connectors.

2008 Kia Rio
>>
File: 20161114_142517.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161114_142517.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Front profile
>>
It comes out of a wire sheath with 2 wires that attach to the alternator
>>
Plz help
>>
>>1083954
Any idiot lights lit?

If the alternator is connected and running, look at the PS pump/reservoir. Perhaps a fluid level sensor or something that was disconnected nearby was overlooked.
>>
>>1083956
>>1083956
1 wire = sensor, 2 wires = fucking anything. Also, may be unused. Have you looked up a wiring diagram?
>>
>>1083954
keep looking at the full distance it goes. they should be just long enough to connect to exactly one other thing.
>>
LMAO OP, this just means your smarter than the engineers that made it.

joking aside, do you have an obd2 code reader?
if so just plug it in and turn on the car without starting it and wait for a trouble code to come up, it will at least tell you what it plugs into.

even buying a cheap OBD2 reader is cheaper than having the vehicle towed to a garage so they can fix it properly.
>>
>>1083954
Probably the regulator wire for the alternator.
Most of them have a phone number to call for help, or you could try googling your car + service manual or wiring diagram
>>
>>1084529
Also www.kia-forums.com

Good luck M8
>>
Some cars have a single pin pressure switch on the power steering pump, its used to increase the engine speed when you turn so the engine does not stall when manoeuvring.
>>
>>1083970
>1 wire = sensor
The body is often ground. 1 wire could be fucking anything.
>>
Did you do anything related to the high pressure hose on the power steering? The wife's van has a sensor hidden back around there. It controls the pressure level so it doesn't foam or something.
>>
File: 1479237960294.jpg (106KB, 606x639px) Image search: [Google]
1479237960294.jpg
106KB, 606x639px
John?
>>
>>1084540
This. 3/5of my cars are like this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.