[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

winter city survival gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: neethelm.png (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
neethelm.png
2MB, 800x800px
Hello, artisans. Let's build a NEET winter helm! : >

So, let me rephrase it in more detail. To begin with, we don't need it to be sturdy like those helms designed to save your life in an accident, this makes the project much more accessible. And we can make a frame with thick wires, which will allow one to restore his creation after possible incidents (eg an alfa on campus/work can try to copulate your helmet with his swollen from blows head bone). On the other hand there are a number of interesting tasks that challenge the venture. Firstly, the defeat of fogging and freezing of the glass is usually made possible with sealed gas layer between the inner and outer glass, however it somehow brings a tall entry barrier into our amazing helmcraft. Secondly, it is not very clear even how to have a normal breathing deflector, or your dear OP is too unfamiliar with the necessary skills for this.

Why am I doing this? Somehow current weather at my places freezes my skull. And in January I will probably have my teeth freeze against my cheeks. Also, my lashes used to freeze together less frequently, now this happens critically often. And putting on glasses and be wrapped in scarves like a Mujahid is not an option, because it interferes with breathing in the sense that it hits the immune system, no kidding, really I have to breathe all this cold air right through the nose.

Maybe I'm not the only one with such circumstances or at least I'll find some practical advice here. Let the thread flow!

P.S.: I'll back up nice stuff to neethelm at tumblr, so I don't think I have an excuse for a tripcode.
>>
>>1083799
I can't understand a fuck you said, wear a hat if you are cold on the head

What the fuck=
>>
File: m2aqzobShe-Ia823E3Y3XUA.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
m2aqzobShe-Ia823E3Y3XUA.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>1083799
>>
>>1083800
k, right, even at -20 °F there can be relevant clothes, but consider the following
>in January I will probably have my teeth freeze against my cheeks
>my lashes used to freeze together less frequently, now this happens critically often
That's more like a job for a snowmobile helmet.

>>1083801
Balaclavas are a thing, but rib-knit ones might get you in trouble depending on your location. And they don't save you from real cold.
>>
>>1083805
Just get a fish bowl and wire some air pump with ducts wrapping around your body to preheat the air intake sort of like a space helmet then
>>
>>1083805
yeah its literally the description of a snowmobile helmet, CL my man. If your worried about fogging get one you can plug in and grab some 12v cordless drill batteries while your at it.
>>
File: IMG_4243.jpg (128KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4243.jpg
128KB, 600x600px
This has to be the cringiest, most autistic thing I've seen on /diy/ in the last week. Maybe the last month.

Order an extreme cold weather mask from a military surplus store.
>>
Woah, your replies made me think a lot. Thank you, guys.

>>1083800
>>1083801
>>1083805
Let me try to clarify stuff.
>During the Crimean War in 1854 handmade balaclavas were sent over to the British troops to help protect them from the bitter cold weather.
Crimea is like Venice, that's pretty south, actually, snap, that's like North Dakota. Just realized that pretty much all of USA is quite a southern country. So take it to a level of Anchorage, but more continental. Yeah, I'm not used to this.

>>1083807
That's cool. Since it's transparent, I'm not hiding my identity and all those messed up laws no longer count, but, like, really, dude, this will make me a local cringe idol. I'm more of a shut-in type, so I really hate it being unable to hide my face in public. Still, it really is about these freaking cold winds, I swear.

>>1083805
>>1083829
A snowmobile helmet is ideally what I'll get by doing some diy magic. As mentioned in the original post, it doesn't need to be any sturdy. Actually, I begin to realize that using wires and methods like cosplayish crafting is a waste of time and resources.

>>1083832
This so far is the best idea. But, well, my local authorities will definitely arrest me on accusation of corruption of minors, hard to blame them, it does ressemble some BDSM accessory. However, this makes me think using materials like these is logical. Will have to come up with a more socially acceptable design, though.
>>
>Balaclava and snowboarding goggles
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.