[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autist here. Is it feasable to make a small submarine out of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: AP237957802181.jpg (1MB, 3861x2574px) Image search: [Google]
AP237957802181.jpg
1MB, 3861x2574px
Autist here. Is it feasable to make a small submarine out of a tanker traincar? Or is this as much a meme as the shipping container bunker?
>>
>>1083720
it is possible but it would be cheaper and better to make one from scratch
>>
>>1083722
Probably correct. It would nee to be reinforced and have the front and rear made to be more streamlined.
>>
>>1083725
I think I've heard of drug smugglers doing this. But they have to do it because they don't really have any other alternatives.

So thinking about it now, I guess it would be DIYable
>>
Wel hol up, let's see the list what should be done

Reinforcement of hull
StreamLining the front
Cutting a hole through the top to put engines and other equipment in there easier
Ballast system
Submarine amenities
>>
>>1083729
Sonar or a big fish finder
>>
File: narco sub.png (884KB, 896x580px) Image search: [Google]
narco sub.png
884KB, 896x580px
>>1083720
Drug cartels made some pretty amazing shit.

http://cimsec.org/narco-submarines-drug-cartels-innovative-technology/12314
>>
By submarine do you mean just below the surface or do you mean disable to 50' or more?
>>
File: Bw6DrXU.jpg (1007KB, 3200x1759px) Image search: [Google]
Bw6DrXU.jpg
1007KB, 3200x1759px
>>1083765
>>
I suppose if it's airtight hatches it can be submerged but honestly, the tech involved to make it MOVE would be immense without prior knowledge. Also the amount of work to make it hydro dynamic, better doing it from scratch. Source: submariner.
>>
I'd use a large propane tank instead. Those are built to withstand pressure
>>
>>1083838
Thats a solid idea. And they tend to be slightly more streamlined. I believe someone actually did this
>>
>>1083838
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cTDlOfl3B8
>>
>>1083720
It would be cheaper to buy raw materials and start from scratch.
Also, you need a lot of work, and math to be done before you even start, or you will die a horrible death.

If you are going 10-20 meters it could be OKish with light reinforcement but anything deeper will kill you.

I would use aluminum for the outer layer and steel sheets with steel reinforcement in the inside, power it using diesel generator (with periscope for inhale) and batteries (just like the german ww2 ones) on electricity.
>>
>>1083864
Not really, as you would need a lot of special equipment to form the massive amounts of metal you have into a submarine shape. As a base for making a submarine I think re purposing gas tanks is fine.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.