[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forge General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: firebrick.png (3MB, 2276x1266px) Image search: [Google]
firebrick.png
3MB, 2276x1266px
Me and my friends are looking to upgrade to a propane forge we are looking for white brick like this, anybody know where we can get it?
>>
>>1083028
Those are IFB's (insulating firebricks). You probably want the k-26 standard dimension, but there are others. Just google k-26 firebrick. They're not hard to find.
>>
my local tractor supply carries them for 3 bucks a piece.
>>
>>1083190
That's about the going rate unless you buy them by the box for a discount. Pretty cheap unless you're building a large furnace or kiln or something. If you have to order them, the shipping's not too bad because they're pretty light.
>>
>>1083272
Might check cland facebook for direplace bloxks and alternative shit terms retards use. I have a pickup load for random shit. Never paid over a buck each.
>>
>>1083272
tfw 40 fucking dollars shipping and the cheapest i could find online is 5 bucks a brick
>alaska sucks
>>
>>1085050
KEK. Well. Can go poor man route. This is diy afyer all. I built a foundry with about a 50/50 mix of plaster of paris and sand. Build wtf ever you want for $20 if you dont mind lave and hot dust in your shit. Its brittle as fuck and wont last a real long time. But u can custom shape it while u collect bricks. Or hell... make plaster bricks and reolace as needed. Fuck. Maybe i should do that. You can also get refractory cement in bags but shipping to the north pole will be just as shit. Good luckm
>>
If you live in a cold country like the UK you will find the bricks in old storage heaters, go down to the local skip site and pick one up for a couple of quid
>>
>>1085086
im leaving soon enough. thinking about getting a few gallons of 3000* refractory and pouring a 3 piece forge for about 50 bucks rather than deal with soft brick that may crack. currently im using a small helium tank cut in half lined with ceramic blanket and it works very well for aluminum and copper.
>>
>>1085290
Well there u go then. My 5th and hopefully final foundry build will finally be using that shit. But i'm going straight 3rd world and digging a hole in the ground and ladling aluminum into ~25 pound ingots. Have essentially unlimited aluminum at scrap metal price. Those circlet tack guys. Wewlad. 1 or 2 aluminum sheet metal bodies a year and like 2 dozen radiators each. Metal os down right now. Shit is like a quarter a pound. If i pay 30 cents i can buy litteral dumptrucks full and buld an aluminum brick house.

End game is gonna be finding a way to make aluminum plate and tig weld me an underground house while praying i dont have an electical short.
>>
Check u tube. Plenty of vids about using perlite. Used that in mine and easily lasted 10 times longer than plaster/sand. Was kinda tricky to get the hang of how much sodium silicate to add (way less than your instincts think there should be). Even making the sodium silicate used as glue was pretty easy. Now experimenting with a hybrid. Perlite base, about 3/4 inch plaster/sand over the top as a protective /replentishable coating with steel wool as a reinforcement to hopefully eliminate the cracking plaster/sand is notoriuos for. Only fired it twice so I'm not really sure if it's a trainwreck or not. Perlite is about $4 a bag at home depot, think my foundry took 6 bags, wasted about $25 making sodium silicate, so you will spend more.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.