[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking about building a dog house myself rather than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 21

I was thinking about building a dog house myself rather than paying $60-100 for one

I don't really have any tools or workshop

Would I be able to build it myself for cheaper than that?

I'd be finding a design online
>>
File: wooden_pallets_home.png (134KB, 357x255px) Image search: [Google]
wooden_pallets_home.png
134KB, 357x255px
>>1082937
1) Pallets
2) Saw
3) Hammer
4) Nails
5) ...
6) PROFIT
>>
>>1082938
>2016
>not building your dog an underground container bunker dog house.
>>
>>1082938
Would that be rain proof though?
>>
>>1082941
Of course no. To rainproof I'd use 1 sheet of onduline or similar material
>>
>>1082942
Good idea

The thing should be weather proof though, since it's gonna be freezing soon, pallets don't seem good for walls and insulation?
>>
>>1082945
Spray foam
>>
File: 41vFYWadUML.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41vFYWadUML.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>1082945

Double layer wall with an air gap, with aluminized bubble wrap on the inside of each wall. Foil will keep out the draft and provide insulation (together with the air gap).
>>
>>1082937
That's a nice house for a cute doggo
>>
>>1082937
You won't be able to build it any cheaper than you can just buy it. Unless you have free material laying about.
>>
>>1082982
bingo

not to mention a lack of tools
>>
dogs rarely use a dog house...get a 55 gal plastic drum, cut door in one end....
>>
File: post-149-1255529223_thumb.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
post-149-1255529223_thumb.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>
>>1082937
You arent going to save any money
>>
>>1083197
Is that to bury it in after it dies from exposure?
>>
Well I was able rodríguez boulder my dogs house it resulted to be a very decent one of you take on count that I really do not have much experience with tools (just the basics) I can post the progress pictures if you think that they can inspire you.
>>
Cheap level. Go on craigslist and find one for free. Diy cheap level, find a fixer upper one and fix it/paint it.
>>
>>1083352
Oh that'd be great, that looks pretty awesome
>>
>>1083210

That would work fine, especially if you could put straw bales around it and face it right.

I've been raising all sorts of animals for my entire life, and with very few exceptions they can handle any amount of cold, it's the draft that kills them.

My dogs spent last winter in a 55 gallon barrel surrounded by straw bales in a horse stall in my barn with temperatures as low a -20F.

Make sure put a cushion down for them so that they aren't on the ground since you lose far more heat to earth than to air.
>>
>>1083210
Filled with straw and a rubber flap over door my dogs were toasty as I would go out in winter and stick my hand in the barrel. They were warm and happy...I raised Pits not Poodles...none died
>>
>>1082937
Just let your dog sleep Inside
>>
>>1083400

Here whit all the planks I bought from homedepot
>>
>>1084733
Measuring and making sure the final product will work for my dog (a schnauzer).
>>
>>1084734
Applying wood sealer and assembling the sides.
>>
>>1084736
>>
>>1084737
>>
>>1084738
>>
>>1084739
>>
>>1084740
>>
>>1084741
>>
>>1084742
>>
>>1084743
>>
>>1084744
>>
>>1084746
Applied exteriors sealer in the center of the roof to keep the interior dry, also painted it in red. Here I am trying to make a bone sign to write my dog's name in.
>>
>>1084749
The final details included a transparent dog door to keep it warm in cold weather and a thermal mat. I used wood glue and screwa to keep everything in place, I know it was not the cleanest work but it ended up being a fun project that I enjoyed. Really hope this help you.
>>
>>1084750
What size dog do you have

I would build a doghouse, but I have an old fat german shepherd who is on the large size for his standard
>>
>>1084733
Buying the wood I would have bought some pieces more suited for the job or changed the design of the dog-house.
Not even if it was scrap wood I would have used such a design.
It doesn't look sturdy at all.
4 pieces of plywood would have been better and more cheap.
>>
Tell you what most yap dogs wont sleep in your fancy doghouse and will bark all night wanting in....dont wast your fucking time umless all you can build is a doghouse
>>
File: coping_saw[1].png (38KB, 477x215px) Image search: [Google]
coping_saw[1].png
38KB, 477x215px
>>1084749
Wrong tool. You should have used a little coping saw. It would have been much faster and easier.
>>
>>1084845
Honest question, what the hell is the point of this huge curve on the metal?
>>
>>1082938
This pretty much. If u want it waterproof keep fresh pkastic and duckt tape on it.

I'm fixing to build a dog mansion after posting a used hottub on here and overwhelmingly everyone said to junk it. Gonna strip the bullshit and glass the jet holes then pin some cedar siding and a tin roof on it. Done a lot of tile work and its about winter so its getting a heated tile floor and maybe a small heater. Should be pretty bitchin.

Good luck to you anon.
>>
>>1084859
The blade is very flexible so it needs something to hold it rigid. But if the frame is too close to the blade you wouldn't be able to cut into the wood very much or the frame would hit the wood. So, the frame is extended out a good distance to give you clearance.
>>
>>1082937
>I was thinking about building a dog house myself rather than paying $60-100 for one
Do your dog like and use a dog house?
Don't build one just to discover that he doesn't want one.
>>
>>1082937

R
e
t
a
r
d
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.