[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these expandable little giant type ladders good/safe? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: HAHGMJ6ABJCNGA80.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
HAHGMJ6ABJCNGA80.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
Are these expandable little giant type ladders good/safe? I'm a new homeowner just wanting to get a versatile ladder that can serve double duty as an extension and step ladder.

That hinge at the top looks like a weak point. Ordinary step ladders have a folding metal brace going down the middle keeping the legs from spreading apart. That's all I'm concerned about.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>1082781
If you're not a hamplanet you should be fine, I've been nervous everytime i've used one but if it is on a good non slip surface your weight will "foot" it in enough to not slip.

I wouldn't trust one in platform mode though..
>>
I have a Little Giant 22. They are sturdy enough and the hinge is actually overbuilt. Each hinge is a 1/4" worth of solid steel and two half inch steel pins keeping the thing from buckling even in extension ladder mode. I first felt that the rungs were a little thin and flimsy and hard on your feet, but they are thick bars of extruded aluminum and reassuringly welded on.

The main drawback is that the whole assembly is rediculously heavy.

I find myself still using my Werner step ladder because it's so easy to chuck around. The Little Giant has wheels for a reason.
>>
>>1082781
If you have a good quality brand (I have a Werner) they are great. A-frame ladders are superior in stability and workability, since you can stand over the top with one leg on each side and be perfectly stable with both hands free. They fully lock in iether open or closed positions, so they are actually *more* sturdy then a normal ladder.

They are substantially heavier then a normal ladder, but far more useful. Don't get a cheap one though.
>>
>>1082796
This. It's plenty strong, but heavier than a dedicated ladder of a particular size/shape. If weight isn't a concern for you, it can be pretty handy. One nice arrangement is an asymmetrical step ladder where one side is almost vertical, so you can put it right next to a wall without leaning it on the wall, and I occasionally have use for the scaffolding support double a-frame arrangement.

If you're interested in a ladder like that, I suggest getting one that collapses down to a size that will fit in your car. And be sure to get a good quality one, like the actual Little Giant brand. Regular ladders are dangerous enough, and these add a lot of points of failure. Competent ergonomic design can also make a big difference in how nice they are to use.
>>
Have one. Handy as fuck. Heavy, but quite sturdy.
>>
I borrowed one this summer for painting some high ceilings. Too tall for my A frame but not enough to finagle an extension ladder in. A little skeptical at first but it really worked out well.
>>
Yeah, my father bought one probably 10 years ago, I now use it daily for work. In fact, it's at the job right now being used by our framers. They're fucking heavy, that's the only downside. Even the small ones weigh a lot.
>>
Save yourself the cash and buy the Gorilla Ladder. Same thing, built better, A bit heavier, dont be gay.
>>
>>1083351
you can't compare Werner, Gorilla, Cosco and the rest of the peanut gallery to Little Giant who actually weld their ladders together right here in MERICA vs riveting them with chinese slave labor

They are worth the price.
>>
Ladders generally have at least a 3x FOS so unless you weigh over 1.5x the posted weight on the ladder you should be able to jump on it
>>
File: Work%20Platform[1].jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Work%20Platform[1].jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>1082781
I have a little giant. It's a beast. I have a couple platforms that make standing better on your feet. Also have the leg extension accessory for using it on stairs.

It's a heavy bitch so I usually just use my aluminum a frames. The little giant is for special applications.
>>
>>1082781
roofer here.
most reliable ladder i've got for use under 18 or so feet.
handy because i can put it in a compact car and go where I need to.

I;m 6'0" and 180lbs and my boss is 6'5" and 310lbs and he gets around with one of these exclusively.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.