[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone know what kind of couplers those are?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

The blue couplers, connecting the pipe, what are they called?
>>
>>1082022
looks like HDPE compression fittings.
They take a tool to squeeze down and aren't reusable.
I prefer copper pipe myself.
>>
>>1082040
possibly PEX Shrink-fit.
Takes this tool to do them
>>
>>1082040
>I prefer copper pipe myself.
My dad is the same way. I personally love those little plastic connectors. Easy to work with, easy to replace, and they hold up to the abuse when I worked at a water bottling place.
>>
>>1082022
HDPE push fit connectors
>>
Those are expansion fittings for pex a, push couplers are much larger
>>
>>1082040
>I prefer copper pipe myself.
For water supply? Nah, stainless steel is the noble class.
>>
>>1082266
Copper pipe with push connectors exists, and beats fucking with a torch near woodwork. It's fast and very easy to use.
>>
>>1083535
Shark bite all day.
>>
Those aren't couplers it's just pex pipe in betweeen tees
>>
>>1082022
It's uphonor pex fittings
different barbs, pex C
the rings are made of pex as well, you have to expand them out with a tool, slide the over the pipe, then push the fitting into the pipe.
The memory of the pex rings will make them tighten back down and compress the pex tubing to the fitting.

I wish I could spend 600 on a cordless expansion tool, I'd use the uphonor system everywhere, but fuck using the manual tool with like 30 pumps.

Copper/brass compression rings are the least forgiving. There is almost no margin for error, and you have to go/nogo gauge your rings constantly.

The crimp/clamps are tolerant of a small amount of error. Just check the tool every so often for calibration, and make sure the clamps are close enough to the end of the tubing on the fitting.

Uphonor is pretty much idiot proof. If you don't get it expanded enough, it won't go on. There is a stop in the rings to keep you from pushing them too far or not enough onto the tubing.
No metal, no worry about precision, and even your joints have a bit of flex if it freezes up.

Push fittings like shark bites, are supposed to be wall rated and they are hard to screw up once you've used em a few times. But I don't trust them unless pipe is anchored down or stiff. Like to fix copper someone put a nail through.
>>
>>1082022
>posts picture of something literally pissing out water
>wants to know more about them
dude.. just do the plumbing right.
>>
>>1082022
anyone ever use propress copper? I don't know if we can use it here yet, but I'm not too sure I trust it, despite how most people seem to love it.
>>
>>1085699
Plumbing will fail, doesn't make pex inferior. Its no better or worse than copper.
>>
>>1085698
>Copper/brass compression rings are the least forgiving.
Never had a problem.

>you have to go/nogo gauge your rings constantly
I don't see why, the things deform. You might be finding they change size relative to one another because of temperature.

The one annoying thing with copper is it often drips for a bit will the metals deform and it often takes a few hours to finish.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.