[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arduino Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 515b4656ce395f8a38000000.png (426KB, 551x405px) Image search: [Google]
515b4656ce395f8a38000000.png
426KB, 551x405px
I'm in the process of setting up multiple aeroponic grow systems. I want to use an arduino to monitor each reservoir for ppm level, ph level, temperature and control the pump timer. In turn making that data available on a website that I have access to.

I have basic programing skills and a good amount of experience working with circuitry/general electronic based fabricarion.

My quistion is if this is even possible and how difficult would it be to compile the code for each sensor and a single pump controller into the same arduino.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>>1081887
I've got my eyes on this one, I'm planning an automated garden in my garage with some similar concepts, it doesn't seem too intricate save for the relays to get my repurposed sump pumps and the dryer heater element to regulate water levels and air temperature
>>
File: IMG_20161005_134228.jpg (3MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161005_134228.jpg
3MB, 4208x2368px
>>1081887
Drop arduino and use raspberry(or any equivalent) instead. It will save you a huge amount of time inventing things like tcp socket on arduino which is incredibly easy on raspi. It have 3.3V IO ports which you will never use all and is capable working with various SPI components which youll find libraries for (for example MC3008 8port adc). You may even use odroid which already have adc on board. Good luck...
>>
>>1081887
holy shit anon, are you me ?
>bump
wiring is fairly easy bud, however I think that it'd be a bit difficult to setup a code with an arduino that can do that,
I strongly suggest you use the Blynk platform for its simplicity and that you use arduino with builtin wifi, it will save you a lot of time, since I have an arduino nano that I tried attaching to ESP8266 (basically wifi shield for arduino) and it was a pain in the ass.

my aeroroponics is basically just a styrofoam box with a 3$ 5v dc chinese pump from ebay, the arduino sleeps and wakes up every minute to spray for 6 seconds, uses very little power.
I don't plan on using sensors and shit since it's indoors and I'm still in experimental stage.
I suggest you get yourself some TIP120 or FQP30N06L instead of relays, saves energy and less likely to fail,
>>
>>1081887
>if this is even possible
absolutely

>how difficult would it be
not very

Getting the data on a website would be the most difficult part of this, but there are countless tutorials on this and you should be fine.
>>
>>1081957
>>
>>1081980
that's definitely something to consider. I need to monitor all those variables in real time since I have about 5 kwatts just in lights powering 3 flower rooms and one veg room. if anything fails I need to know right away otherwise I run the risk of loosing thousands if not tens of thousand of dollars overnight. I'll take a look at the blynk platform tonight.
thanks for the advice! you guys are awesome, I knew I came to the right place.
>>
>>1081957
sounds like a raspberry might be the way to go, I'll look into it tonight.
thank you!
>>
>>1082055
>loosing thousands if not tens of thousand of dollars overnight.
are you growing weed indoors ?
>>
>>1081887
You can do that on an Arduino with a few shields. There are some good youtube videos of people who has done similar things with smaller scales. A good one that I am eyeing on the comment section frequently is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Q1WKCtWiA

I also want to set up a automated system for my grandparents to save them from some work. I will be inheriting that land and I want to set up a automated farm while I am working in another city as well.
>>
>>1081887
>good amount of experience working with circuitry/general electronic
>if this is even possible

Had you the experience, you needn't to ask.
>>
>>1081887
Doing this project too. I used a couple of relay to control light, temperature, wind, humidity and pump. The arduino/raspberry or whatever send the signals and the relay give the power. Will send you pictures tomorrow. Programming is quite easy. Use a couple of loops to set time and some interruption to read the sensors value to control outputs
>>
File: 20160422_200427.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160422_200427.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>1082911
Sure am, lots of it!
>>
>>1083024
Well considering I haven't used an arduino for anything prior to this project I feel like it was a valid question.
>>
>>1083049
Thank you!
I know I can get the arduino to read/send information from all the sensors. I also wanted it to control the flow frequency/duration for the misters but I think I can get a raspberry to take care of those operations and leave the sensors to the arduino.
Again thanks for the advice.
I want all the information I can get!
>>
File: bix.png (150KB, 852x768px) Image search: [Google]
bix.png
150KB, 852x768px
>>1083076
Here I am from previous post >>1083049.

DHT11 is really good temp and humidity sensor, really chip on ebay or aliexpress. You can easily find library for arduino online.

If you got a PH sensor please share with us
>>
>>1081887
Drop Arduino. Use the ESP8266 Testboard/nodemcu/wittyboard (3-10$), those can be connected via wifi and allow you to build a very cheap and easy solution.

I would suggest something like thingspeak to store the data.
>>
Anybody knows about stop motion way to take picture of my *hem* weed*hem I mean tomato plant with raspberry and a good webcam?
>>
>>1084271
Have a look at motion (pretty easy) or if you want something better you may have a look at Zoneminder with Wifi cameras (very good surveilance software with stuff like motion detection and email support). Motion is a little bit simpler, but also runs on hardware with pretty low specs.
>>
>>1084277
Thx anon
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.