[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lies propagated by /diy/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: 102088822.jpg (48KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
102088822.jpg
48KB, 550x550px
I will start:

"Pocket hole joinery is weak"
>>
>>1081839
"dewalt is good"
>>
Shipping containers are meme bunkers
>>
>>1081839
My homemade brew tastes just as good as professional stuff.
>>
I can 3D print a replacement gear and it will be as good as the original!
>>
"Jimmy DiResta is a capable crafstsman"
>>
you don't need to know what you're doing to do a task safely and correctly
>>
>>1081839

odd how adding 2 letters to that makes the statement true.
>>
3D printing is the future of manufacture
>>
>>1081839
Because it is...?

https://youtu.be/apsH8eBfjVA
Based autistic uncle to the rescue
>>
>>1081841
Shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>1081877
Elaborate please.
>>
>>1081936
I don't have to tell you shit, Jimmy.
>>
>>1081936
Which part of "Jimmy has shit craftsmanship and hides this fact under his spraypainted masterbatory branding so plebs will think he is legit" do you not understand?
>>
>>1081935
Just because it's cheap, doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>1081962
I'm not going to continue the pointless and memetastic DeWalt conversation about whether or not it's good, but it is the most expensive line at the major retailers. I don't see how you could call it cheap. A battery averages 50-70 per. Regardless, all major manufacturers make battery powered tools cheaply.
>>
>>1081839

i have x, tell me what to do threads are bad
op is not a faggot
sex toy threads are not allowed
>>
>>1081977
>Most expensive line at major retailers
Not him, but I always see their stuff priced mildly below Makita, and far below Milwaukee. What state are you in?
>>
>>1081839
Arduino is a good place to start in electronics.
>>
>>1081841
"festool is the best"
>>
>>1081983

That would be becasue DeWalt is right up there with Makita. and not quite as good as Milwaukee.

You get what you pay for. DeWalt is a solid brand with solid preformance and i own several of their tools for my personal shop and for home use.

But for my job i buy Milwaukee.
>>
The best diy/make youtubers are Canadian.
>>
>>1082095
>DeWalt
You mean Black & Decker Professional.

>Milwaukee
You mean Ryobi with a red shell.
>>
>>1082127
Too bad Makita doesnt make a budget line under a different name, then we could complain about them too. Instead they just dont make a high end line at all, its just middling stuff.
>>
>>1082127
Are you going to start this again?
>>
>>1081898
>"Pocket hole joinery isn't weak"
>>
>>1082133
Makita does make a basic line, they are bright green iirc
>>
>>1082127

No i mean DeWalt brand.

Black and Decker owns the name. But if you cant tell the difference between a Black and Decker and a DeWalt drill by how they preform and hold up then maybe just stick to buying Chicago Electric brand tools.

Several companies make different levels of products. And for each quality level they tend to have a brand name. The better and more expensive names have tighter tolerances and in some cases are made from better materials.

Black and Decker makes more money by volume of sales on its B&D line then it dose with its DeWalt line. But the profit per drill is greater on the DeWalts.

And then theres snap on... fuck those guys.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (57KB, 800x350px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
57KB, 800x350px
>>1082160
>But if you cant tell the difference between a Black and Decker and a DeWalt

Black & Decker had a line of tools that they called "Professional". As you can imagine it was their higher priced line aimed at people in the trades. After ruining their good name with shit-tier quality tools in the 80's they renamed this exact line of tools "DeWalt" and changed the color scheme to yellow and black. Same tools, new name.

It would be like if Ford started making a bunch of cars that were basically the exact same thing as an existing Ford, but with a different exterior and called them Mercury so people would think they were better. Prior to that DeWalt made radial arm saws pretty much exclusively. B&D had stopped making RASs in the 80's so they decided to take the good DeWalt, which wasn't being used at the time, name and slap it over their damage "Professional" name to boost sales.
>>
Dremel
>>
>>1082179
As you said, Black and Decker refers to a different tool brand, with different quality.
>>
>>1082179

>Black and Decker runs good name into ground
>Black and Decker Professional line still good tools because its not their standard line
>people see "Black and Decker" on the pro tool line
>people think that brand is crap because of its name dispite it being different
>Black and Decker being smart slaps a new name on their good line of tools
>now people no longer see "BLACK AND DECKER" on the box and buy them
>tools are just as solid as before

Its like Honda and Acura.

You pay more for the Acura but man are they nice... Not that i own one but there is a difference between a Honda and an Acura and you pay for it.
>>
>>1082218
>Black and Decker Professional line still good tools
And that it where you made your mistake friend. You know why those two tools in my picture look kinda funny? Because they should have a D-handle on the back. Back in the 70's B&D started cutting corners and switched from metal D-handles to plastic ones. You know what happened to them? They fucking broke all the time. So you can pick up these old drills for next to nothing all of the time because their plastic D-handles are often MIA and they are next to impossible to use without a second grip point.

Their pro line was still turd-tier compared to their stuff from the 60's and before. The rebranding just covered that up.
>>
File: Kreg-Automaxx-Locking-Clamps.jpg (55KB, 550x427px) Image search: [Google]
Kreg-Automaxx-Locking-Clamps.jpg
55KB, 550x427px
Everything Kreg makes is so brilliantly designed and amazing in its user-friendliness and simplicity.

Take these Automaxx clamps for example. Well worth the $30. Holy shiiiiiit they are a pleasure to use.
>>
>>1082253
I have a few of them, they arent actually bad clamps
>>
>>1082133
They do. It's called SSP, dark grey tools
>>
>>1082263
>>1082133
Don't they have a line of red tools that are budget friendlier?
>>
>>1081934
that guy is so creepy, no matter how much knowledge he holds, i always get a bad feeling watching him
>>
>>1082218

>Not that i own one but there is a difference between a Honda and an Acura and you pay for it.

A lot of acuras are literally hondas with an Acura badge. Built in exactly the same way.

They dont even change the body panels.

>HURR the interior and the options

You get similar interiors and options in Hondas every where else in the world. Just not the states, because you guys fall for merketing gimmicks harder than anyone else

Where else in the world sells cars from the "Future"?
>>
>>1081842
8/8 bait
>>
>>1083850
You ask about Makita because its clear you want quality. But you don't want to spend the amount of money required to get that quality. So either wait until they are on sale or buy used. They generally can;t make them any cheaper than SSP and have them not be crap.
>>
>>1081877
Sometimes his stuff is shit and sometimes it's not. He definitely does not do things the proper way a lot of the time but some stuff he makes is cool.

He's not as autistic as Mathias wandel but Mathias trying to weld was also hilarious and was a literal joke tier attempt to do so in the same sense that a lot of direstas stuff is terrible or done in a terrible way.
>>
>>1082133
They do and Fall it Maktec. Red/Orange instead.
>>
"Propane inst as good as charcoal"
>>
>>1084545
This
While propane may be more expensive and make your food taste shittier than charcoal, its much more efficient.

You do care about lowering your carbon footprint dont you?
>>
>>1081839
>"Pocket hole joinery is weak"
idk about weak but it certainly looks like nigger-rigged shit

at least use wood pins and saw them down flush or something
>>
>>1084571
They sell plugs for pocket joints, but its a quick and rough repair or joint. Finish doesnt really matter for a lot of its uses
>>
>>1081874
>said no one on /diy/ ever
>>
>>1084580
People say it, just nobody who actually owns a printer. Us printer owners know better
>>
>>1082253
I saw those at the shop and walked over and bought a two pack of vice grip clamps for under $20 from a different shelf. Well worth it.
>>
>>1084726
>irwin clamps
>good
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.