[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know what this metal is? Found a bar roughly the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161109_175131.jpg (1017KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161109_175131.jpg
1017KB, 1520x2688px
Does anyone know what this metal is? Found a bar roughly the dimensions of a piece of gum on the sidewalk. I can bend it with my fingers and could score it with a knife.
>>
>>1081695
Is it sweet tasting?
>>
File: IMG_20161109_175612.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161109_175612.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>1081696
No idea
>>
>>1081696
Don't do this! Probably a lead wheel weight.
>>
Looks and sounds like lead.
>>
>>1081695
It's for balancing rims. Save them up and use the lead to cast shit. It's lead
>>
>>1081698
This, its a mashed up wheel weight
Its lead
>>
>>1081695
Enjoy your lead poisoning.
>>
>>1081695
Probably calcium. throw it in water
>>
>>1081763
thats not how lead works.
>>
>>1081696
Lold
>>
>>1081763
>being this ignorant
>being this sheltered

Must be sad
>>
As a kid I used to melt those down and made balls for my home made, fire works powered cannon.
>>
>>1081695
1_Try to scratch it with steel
2_Try to scratch with her on a paper
repond this
>>
where you find this????
>>
>>1081695
loks like lead or alloy of lead and other metals
probalby this >>1081698
>>
>>1081932
same.
but i went to a military shooting range waited for them to end their practice and then i went out on the field and collected unused bullets, bullet casings and the bullet fragments. lots of fun shooting stuff with an improv gun/rifle
>>
>>1081695
Don't put your hands in your mouth and wash them with COLD water. You should also do this when you go to the shooting range.
>>
Just a chod of lead mate, nowt special
>>
>>1081695
Heat it up and see how hot it had to get to melt
>>
>>1082107
I mean, he does recognize known hazardous material.
It must be nice growing up in the information age, not having to have leaded gasoline fumes and asbestos oven mitts around you all the time.

No wonder people are living longer every single year!
At this rate, millenials will all live into their 100s
>>
>>1082135
Water is poisonous, why do they keep drinking it then?
I bet if you didn't drink it you would live to 300 yo
>>
>>1081695

Might be lead

Shave it into flakes and soak it in hydrogen peroxide overnight. Then dry it and soak it in vinegar. If this tastes slightly sweet then it's lead, and you should drink it all for not recognizing a lead wheel weight when you see one.
>>
>>1082593
Most anything is poisonous with the correct concentration.

Isnt it great to finally live in a world where we can recognize these things? It makes it so much easier to limit or avoid exposure to stuff that is harmful to your body.
>>
>>1081853
>>1081927
No known minimum lead exposure level to avoid neurotoxicity
>durr, not how lead wurks, I eat it all the time and I'm good.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1567746/
(Aka: The subtle effects of lead microdoses)
>>
>>1082679
Are you the one they tested maximums on?
In small enough doses the effect is basically nonexistent, holding a piece of lead won't do anything.
>>
>>1081697
When you bend it does it pop?
>>
>>1082679
So you're saying my fishing buddy who has a PhD in physics is actually getting dumber from chewing on lead pinch weights... Wewlad. Ima look hella smart compared to him in 20 years! (oh the sarcasm)
>>
>>1082797
Yes dude. Have you ever heard of alcoholism? Same thing. Have yet to meet a self-destructive person that wasn't as smart as how destructive they are.
>>
>>1082679

>It is still used in men's hair colouring products[15] like Grecian Formula. The Food and Drug Administration considers this use safe because human testing showed lead did not enter the bloodstream and was not shown to be absorbed.[16]

In order to be poisoned by ANYTHING it needs to enter your system. A solid chunk of lead will not magically melt through your skin and enter your bloodstream.
>>
>>1082820
This. Drive around outside a hospital sometime and see how many doctors and nurses are on their smoke breaks.
>>
>>1082891
>not identifying metals rectally
It is two thousand sixteen years after the death of Jesus Christ. I certainly hope you do not engage in such acts.
>>
>>1082797
Lead poisoning is real and he wouldn't be the first compulsive wackjob physicist. He has no valid reason to chew on lead, therefore he's fucked in the head.
>>
>>1081700
Go to a scrap yard and buy them for five cents a pound.
>>
>>1082891
Led readily rubs off onto your fingers and onto your food. Yummy sweet led.
>>
>>1083261

Are you trying to tell me that you never wash your hands?
>>
>>1082679
Nice numbers, nerd, but in reality you can work with lead your whole life and not end up retarded. Just wear a mask if there's dust, don't pick your nose, and wash your hands when you're done.
>>
>>1081695
FFS, stop touching it with your bare hand
>>
Looks like lead

May be tin though
>>
I can't believe some people actually think touching a piece of lead is going to give you lead poisoning. It's fucking baffling
>>
It look like galio...but i dont know
>>
>>1083824
Why? What do you think will happen?
>>
>>1081695
Looks like lead.
>>
It's a lead wedge to keep the roof tiles from falling off
>>
>>1084388
You're going to implode, duh. People handle those things in tire shops all of the time. Ammunition has exposed lead and it probably gets in the air when you fire guns. You definitely get flecks of lead on you if you're shooting metal targets. You'll be perfectly fine, just wash your hands before you eat.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.