[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small watch battery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0268.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0268.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
I bought this clock online and it said it would work with a "small watch battery" The hole in the back is 6mm deep x17mm diameter. Could anyone help with what kind of battery I need? will this even work? I don't see anything inside that the battery would even contact. But I don't know much about these things... please help me.
>>
>>1081634
take a straight on photo of the hole and under strong lighting

put a ruler next to it
>>
File: IMG_0275.jpg (499KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.jpg
499KB, 1824x1368px
here you go
>>
>>1081641
this fucking retard you have to block the inside do you so nobody can see shit
>>
The battery doesn't fill the whole cavity, doofus.
>>
yeaah fuck yall crazy nevermind lol
>>
>>1081655
>you're crazy because you need a clear piture of my shitty $8 watch to tell me what battery I need, with only the hole as a guide.

Whatever you say, cucko.
>>
File: IMG_0083.jpg (40KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0083.jpg
40KB, 300x248px
>>1081634
There are hundreds of watch batteries so you'll need a model number or something to look it up. From the first picture you posted take that white plastic piece out, then update us with another picture. Watch batteries usually slip underneath a piece of metal and there appears to be a piece of metal on the top portion towards where the robots head is so it might go there. Take better pictures and remove the plastic piece so we can see what's underneath. In this picture you can see how the watch battery goes into the black hole and the piece of metal rests on top of it
>>
File: IMG_0084.jpg (26KB, 324x156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
26KB, 324x156px
>>1081666
But like I said there's a ton of different ones so you probably need a model number or something to look it up
>>
>>1081634
I'm a jeweler (no seriously), I also do watch and clock repair. If I were to put money on it it's battery #377. It's the most common non-lithium watch battery. I've changed maybe 20 watch batteries a day for 8 years

It looks like that is it. Alternatively you can bring it to a jeweler and pay 4-10 dollars for a watch battery.
>>
Take it to a watch shop and ask them? Then they an even SELL you what you need while youre there
It looks like you'd need to stack a few if its the flat one
>>
>>1081705
Not OP but a related question, do most jewelers change out crystals for relatively cheap?
>>
>>1081705
Seconding this. Looks like a cheapo mechanism that take 377/376, also known as SR626. Buy a Maxell or Energizer battery because cheap ones are a waste of time.

The battery will likely sit in a cavity under where the circle shaped piece of the plastic retainer is covering, positive (flat) side up.
>>
File: 20161110_092939.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161110_092939.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1081838
If you already have the crystal yes. Maybe 20 bucks at most to replace it for you

Where I work if I had to cut one it would be 30-120 depending on size and if you want sapphire coated or not.

At work right now
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.