[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

micro serrates scissors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 9291414082611p.jpg (52KB, 478x478px) Image search: [Google]
9291414082611p.jpg
52KB, 478x478px
I have a pair of OXO good grip kitchen scissors. On one of the blades it was micro serrations that prevent stuff from slipping when using the scissors. My better half decided to test the new knife/scissor sharpening device on the blade with the micro serrated edge, they are now gone. Is there a way to get them back without buying a new pair?
Picture related.
>>
>>1081572
>Is there a way to get them back without buying a new pair?
yeah i have an eraser that will bring them back.

you could try running them on a 60 grit belt sander, you'd get the serrations but they'd be uneven as fuck.
>>
>>1081572
>microserrations

it is a marketing gimmick you stupid fuck, it is just a pair of scissors and if you have trouble using a pair of scissors, it is not the scissors, it is you
>>
>>1081572
yes

use a bench grinder to re-grind the edge, just with like a 60-80 grit wheel it should be rough enough it will grab onto whatever it is cutting
>>
File: splicer.jpg (26KB, 800x800px)
splicer.jpg
26KB, 800x800px
>>1081572
This is now scissors general.

with these, only one side is serrated. I barely touch it, just a touch on the flat side and stropping it. The smooth side gets treated up to 1000 grit since I have that handy in my truck.

I used to back the screw out all the way, and sharpen them separately, but I ruined my serrations once doing that, and it's hard to back the screw out because it's peened of in the factory.

Now I've started just adjusting the tension and re-peening the screw like it says in the manual.

They also recommend you can adjust the handle spacing with a few hammer blows as well.
>>
>>1081600
OP here. Thanks for your insight, ill take that into consideration.
>>>>1081656
The thing is they look "facotry made" i think maybe microserration is the wrong word. They are bigger. maybe miliserratations?
>>1081859
I was thinking there might be a VERY VERY small file to use. I have seached google for quite some time now. but nothing has come up.
>>
>>1081916
I'd just go with a really rough grit on one side and leaving the other sharp.

The actual tooling needed to make micro serations isn't worth it.
Maybe you could take a file and dremel grooves in it and cut that pattern into the scissors.
http://www.texasknife.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=659_774_778_855
>>
>>1081572
https://youtu.be/On0wstFbbAY
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.