[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sink Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2016-11-09+at+08.45.17).jpg (46KB, 396x299px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-09+at+08.45.17).jpg
46KB, 396x299px
> Pic related
The point where the water drains is stuck in a downwards motion, anyone got any solutions that won't leave a mess?
>>
>>1081552
>The point where the water drains is stuck in a downwards motion
Water goes down by gravity into the drain you idiot
>>
I don't think you understand. The part that is pushed down and acts as a plug is stuck
>>
>>1081556
>stuck
how? just take it out the normal way
>>
If you have something with a suction cup (like a navigation holder that attaches to the windshield) you can stick it on and lift it up.
>>
they are connected to a(n adjustable) rod with the middle knob (between the two taps). You need to get under the sink, with plenty of light/mirror, to see where its become disconnected (usually, just came loose). You cannot fix this from above.
>>
>>1081574
Exactly. The pull knob can work itself loose over time. Push the plug back up before reconnecting, then why the knob is pulled, the plug will go down.
>>
File: IMG_0085.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
Look underneath your sink and you will see a setup like this. The thin metal rod that comes out of the pipe is the lever mechanism that works the drain. Move it up or down to open or close the drain.
>>
I had to take the underwater test and she did too.
>>
>>1081552
Some sinks have the rod internal to a drain. Mine does, but those usually have overflows at the back and your sink doesn't. If it's real stuck with hair and goo and you don't have a rod on the back like this one >>1081676
then you might have to use some ductape or a small suction cup like off a window ornament.
Long shot, but a plumbers helper might get enough of a seal to pull it up and then you could grab it with channel locks (use something to prevent damaging the drain plug)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.