[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/diy/ house moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4167.jpg (37KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4167.jpg
37KB, 500x330px
I have a 16 x 20 workshop that I'm turning into a small house for the Mother In Law.

>inb4 OPs cuck shed

For too many reasons I can't run the plumbing to it's currently location, so I need to move it.

In all I need to just move it 50 ft to the new location. I could hire somebody but since it's so small I was wondering if there's any way to /diy/ it since it's such a short move.

I do have access to large tractors and other equipment if that helps.
>>
>>1080510
What kind of foundation is it on?
>>
>>1080522
Pier and beam. Sorry I didn't mention that as it makes it easier to move.
>>
>>1080510
>small house for the Mother In Law.
just let her live in your house, she wont like the cuck shed and youll never hear the end of it anyway. plus the only time she wont be in your house is when shes sleeping. So keep the shop for yourself and give the bitch a bedroom
>>
>>1080561
No more bedrooms and I don't use this shop anymore since I built a bigger one. This has basically been for storage and leaving stuff to dry and cure.

Honestly I'm almost ready to tell the wife and mother in law to fuck off. It's not the renovation that bothers me, I enjoy that stuff, it's the money we are going to spend which is why I was trying to do it cheap.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (40KB, 640x480px)
s-l1000.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
Ive moved a few small cabins, we got them high enough to get a couple beams underneath, and from there just lifted the beam ends in small increments until it was high enough to drive a bale wagon under. Towed it with the tractor because agricultural large loads don't need permits.

Obviosly depends on how much room you have and how easy it is to get equipment in there. The hardest part is getting the beams under to begin with, but it sounds like that part may be done for you already. We had a special set of house jacks that must have been 60 years old to get started, they were some kind of jack-all with a foot sticking out much lower than a normal one, and rated for a lot more weight. Pic related
>>
Could you just run 50 ft of pipe?
>>
>>1080564

>honestly i am almost ready

Dread, the only reason why you pretend to be only almost ready is because you dont want to say you are ready.

Kick em out.
>>
>>1080569
Thanks. That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. The only problem I'll have is the trailer but I'm sure I have a friend who has a friend.

>>1080570
There's a concrete slab and lots of trees with nasty roots that I'd have cut. The water wouldn't be bad, just the sewer.
>>
Build her an outhouse. I guarantee she'll find someone else to live with within a week.
>>
>>1080510
I would look at the cost to move and build vs the price of a nice gently used camper or RV...
>>
>>1080585
Pic related. We have one of those.
You could use a pressure sewer with a pump that pumps the shit from location A to location B. We have our shit pumped away, as the sewer system in the countryside is pressurised anyway.
Then you just need to dig a hole for a
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.