[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using AC to charge Caps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: DSC_0094.jpg (4MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0094.jpg
4MB, 3872x2592px
So, here's my problem,
I've been trying to charge a bank of capacitors with no success for the past ten days, and yes, i know that if i dont have the knowledge to charge 200v caps with AC i shouldn't be doing that, but, i know the theory, you have to rectify the signal with 4 hv diodes, or with a rectifier diode, and then use something to limit the current flowing through the circuit so it doesn't blow the fuse.

But even after ripping apart some PSUs to get the power rectifing cicuit and putting my bank just after the last coil thing there is, i just endend up fring the board, and mounting it just on a rectifier diode is just blowing fuse around in my fusebox.
So any help would be apreciated. And also what are the use of those transformer-like coils?

(my knowledge in electronics is around medium/advanced, but i'm no expert, and so is my knowledge in english, so please excuse me for any error in my speaking)

Related pic: rectifier cirtcuit ripped from PSU and niggerigged to a 200v caps, caps is still working, but the board is fried.
>>
>>1080248

I'm not trying to be an asshole here but in my experience, if you don't know what the transformer like coil thing is then you're not advanced in this field.

Look up RCL circuits.
Learn to solve them.
Learn what they are in physical form.
Learn what the associated electrical devices look like.
Learn to figure out the impedance of all RCL components which depend on frequency.
>>
>>1080248
Wenn du Deutscher bist, stell die Frage nochmal auf Krautchans /t/.

sage because foreign language.
>>
>>1080267
Thx but i'm french, and there is no real equivalent in my language.
>>
File: GLORIOUS.jpg (51KB, 987x838px) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUS.jpg
51KB, 987x838px
Is that board hot glued together? You said you're medium/advanced in electronics? Holy fucking shit this is hilarious.
>>
File: Obamalaugh.jpg (79KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Obamalaugh.jpg
79KB, 600x400px
>>1080283
Wait a minute...it looks like you snapped the PCB to try and include only the power supply circuit. Bahahaha!
>>
>>1080275
Ok frenchman, i will try.

The "coil - thing" is a choke (Bobine d'arrĂȘt) - try google it.
Also, remember that rectified AC has squareroot2 x VAC peak, in this case 200V x 1,41 = 282V peak. Just to be safe, use 350V+ caps. Same for the diodes. And using hot glue like you did is hilarious.

By the way, my grandpa was in france once.
>>
File: 6FWDIVZ.gif (400KB, 350x343px) Image search: [Google]
6FWDIVZ.gif
400KB, 350x343px
related but off topic

why not hook a diode up to the hot wire on a single phase home system to charge a cap to 120v?
>>
>>1080248
You should probably find out what the psu unit circuit is. That way you know if it is rectifying the current without too much ripple voltage, which might be causing your caps to blow. The coil looks like an inductor to me, sometimes inductors used in power electronics look like that. Good luck man
>>
File: 18arx1qgs0rncjpg.jpg (52KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18arx1qgs0rncjpg.jpg
52KB, 800x450px
>>1080248
>my knowledge of electronics is around medium/advanced

Pic related
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.