[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wood joint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: how_to_joint.png (5KB, 768x481px) Image search: [Google]
how_to_joint.png
5KB, 768x481px
Anyone any idea how to realise this kind of join?

I saw it in praxis with one side open but i'm wondering if you could have it on both sides closed so it can't slide out. The tricky part is how to get the cutout at the right angle
>>
wat?
>>
>> 1080222
What is unclear?

Left side is a coutout in the middle, right is just the wood block how it would look from the side.

That spike forces the second piece to go upward before it can slide out and the wood block prevents it from going up. So it holds together tight
>>
My problem is just that i don't know how to get the spike right. It's easy to get some result but the angle has to be right.
>>
>>1080220
Easier and better joint. Make it a blind (also called fox) dovetail if you want to hide it completely.
>>
>>1080230
why would you waste time doing that when you could just use a dovetail, a sliding dovetail even
>>
i want to deconstruct it often to put it away. Thought this would better survive regular deconstruction.
>>
>>1080241
correction, I was referring to a rising dovetail

>>1080243
depending on "often" you may want to think of something else
>>
>>1080244
Sorry for late reply was looking up dovetails
It's gonna be basically build up for weekend and build down again so quite frequently. If it was a one time thing i would've just gone with that dovetail with 2 clips inside directly
>>
>>1080276
you should probably describe more what it's supposed to be for if you want more specific advice

you could always use a lap joint, or just butt them face to face, and put a bolt through it
>>
>>1080231
This may help illustrate the approximate process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_NXq7_TILA
>>
>>1080244
I seeeeeeeeeE
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.