[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heat blowing vents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1478371991457.png (1MB, 2271x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1478371991457.png
1MB, 2271x1703px
My cabins bedroom have no airvents, windows and it tends to get really cold during autumn and winter.
(Northern Sweden)

I have a portable heater.. Which only makes the air above (50-100cm) warm.
So the beds and floor remain cold.
To make the beds warm I had to elevate a pylon fan behind the heater.
It looks like utter shit and takes a lot of space.

That's were I had this idea, to make a ventilation that has a heater behind a fan.
But I'm concerned about fire safety and effectivity.
The air will be sucked from the kitchen which has good airflow and an airpump.
The wall is around 20-35cm (standard plywood and isolation).
I hope to make it so I can retain the revolving ability of the fan so the air can be divided equally.

I have tools, done a lot of diy projects, some electrical and carpentry knowledge.
Please /diy/ point me in the right direction .
>>
Köp billiga chassi-fläktar(från datorer) och sätt på längst uppe med skruvar/Zipties(antar att du har en sådan som är längst upp till höger på din bild). Koppla sedan till 12volt, kanske finns inuti elementet.
>>
File: IMG_0034.jpg (329KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
329KB, 900x900px
Use exhaust pipe that's made for a dryer, it's made to have high heat flow through it
>>
>>1080194
Thought about using chassi fans before but it wouldn't be effective enough and the hassle, compared to stripping a pylon fan seems to big.

>>1080197
Hm that's not bad, do you know what material it is? Then I could insulate the inside with it, sense I want it to be at least 40-50cm wide. Sorry for not specifying it before.
>>
>>1080201
40-50cm to fit the entire stripped fan and to have the most possible air intake.
>>
Should I use the fan to blow in or out? Sense I'm not sure how the electrical part of the fan would react to prolong exposure to heat (it seems to have some heat build up itself)
Maybe just isolate the electronics independent from the rest of the vent?
>>
>>1080191
Heating the air is something only a moron would do.

Dress warmer: wearing warm wool socks has a dramatic effect on your perception of warmth and comfort.

Insulation: quality comforter with plenty of loft

And if you do need supplemental heat, an electric blanket on a low setting will keep you comfy all night long.
>>
>>1080631
So you mean heaters and heat pumps are for morons?
And that we should ONLY live on insulation?
I hope you're pulling my leg? If not then you top the retard scale for this month.
>>
How about a heating fan?
http://www.jula.se/catalog/bygg-och-farg/inomhusklimat/uppvarmning/varmeflaktar/
I have understood that jula is some shop that sells shit quality stuff so maybe not one from there. One that shut itself off when you kick it over. Get a fire alarm.

Plus sides of a heating fan is that it heats the cold air by the floor but it is noisy and create a draft.

I used to use a fan in my office in the basement which is cold. Now I use an infrared heater as it heats me, not the air. It's problematic though that it emits light and I need darkness when editing photos....
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.