[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to try stick and poke, Im on a small island in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_o2xeyzOzps1uhqzm7o1_500.jpg (31KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2xeyzOzps1uhqzm7o1_500.jpg
31KB, 500x280px
I really want to try stick and poke, Im on a small island in greece for the next 3 months and have nothing better to do. I already have 1 mechanical tattoo but i want more. I'm familiar with most of the needed materials. Does anyone have any tips or experiences with Stick and Poke? Being on a small island, i can only use Higgins drawing ink, a regular sewing needle. I saw that most legit stick and poke needles have 2-6 needles at the end. could i bundle more needles?
>>
>>1080171
Multiple needles are good for thicker lines and filling in. Pretty much not matter what you do, it'll take several session to do anything.
>>
>>1080205
is it normal to bundle the needles? also i plan on using an orange for practice
>>
Is using drawing ink safe ?
>>
>>1080225
yes, the only problem with art ink and not tattoo ink is that the color is never going to be as dark as you would hope.
>>
>>1080229
And it will fade to shit over time.
>>
>>1080209
I think its pretty common. There's a couple of companies that have multi-tip needles in their kits. Maybe look up some and base your design around them?
>>
is ground up charcoal going to give a good dark black?
>>
order real ink if you can, like others said it wont be as dark as you want and it'll fade to shit.
If you can order real ink order a real needle too.
I did some with sewing needles when i was younger and they always blow out (fuzzy lines).

Good luck though, tattoo yo self is satisfying.
>>
>>1080171
There will be people who undoubtedly will call you retarded. They will give you links of people who had nightmares, give you anecdotes of people who had nightmares, may even show you some of their own nightmare tattoos. Lots of talk about regret and infections.

Just remember, you know more than everyone else. Stick and pokes are a great idea and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.
>>
File: 1477508550268.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1477508550268.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>1080400
>>
>>1080225
No. Tattoo apprentice here... Regular ink can contain substantial amounts of lead and other heavy metals and is in no way suitable for tattooing. Also, regular ink fades within a year or two and usually leaves uneven spots which are hard to cover up if you get sick of it (most people with diy tattoos do and that's what pays the bills :^)). Multiple needles are a standard because you can't do anything worthwhile with less than three needle tips also the more you stab the more you irritate the skin which leads to ink rejection...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.