[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teeth Whitening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

Chainsmoker, heavy drinker, late 30's.

I THINK my teeth appear to be "yellow-ish". About a year or so ago, I purchased a "dental kit" from a dept. store; 2 picks and a mirror. Every 3-4 months, my teeth get a bit "brownish" on the outside.

>grab kit
>light scrapes
>saycheese.jpg

I brush 2 times a day.

What other ways can I try to get whiter teeth.

>inb4 quit smoking/drinking
>>
Coconut oil: like 1 tsp for 15-20 mins, its got results like the strips but cheaper. I didn't have any bad effects from it other than swooshing for that long sucks.
>>
>>1079801
crest whitestrips are pricey, but they do work really well. not sure on any /diy/ solutions
>>
>>1079801
Add Hydrogen Peroxide to your toothpaste. Not sure how safe it is, but it will work.
>>
>>1079801
sensodyne or similar toothpaste + sonicare tooth brush
but you'll still need to pick them every so often
i brush twice a day and don't smoke and i still have to pick mine once every 3 weeks
>>
>>1079803
Not OP. I've tried it for 2-3 weeks, but then fell out of the habit. How long did it take for you to notice a difference?
>>
>>1079804
Crest white strips are normally on aisles that don't have security camera. Head to ur local big library and look for a book on slight of hand.

Remember if you are caught. Always offer to hand over the items, don't say a word, and just leave. They cannot hold you there. And if the cops show up, say nothing.

Its hard to prove intent, easy to prove a confession.
>>
>>1079807
Its safe. Arm and hammer makes a toothpaste that contains a small amount of it. I tried straight up hydrogen peroxide for a while but never really noticed any whitening. Its a decent mouthwash though.
>>
>>1079915
I've worked at retail. Stores go out of their way to keep track of which items are stolen most often, and they share data with their competitors. It's not worth it in the long run since even if you never get convicted, they will still ban you from every store in town.

Just do one of the cheap home remedies.
>>
>>1079922
I never understood why the razor blades were the only items ever locked up in pharmacies. I know they're overpriced as fuck but I didn't think that many people would steal them.
>>
>>1079948
probably to dissuade people who would use them for crime or to kill themselves

same reason house paint isnt locked up but spray paint is, despite spray paint being cheaper
>>
>>1079922
Funny thing is. You gotta move around a lot. Never stay in the same store. And never offer information of any sort willingly, your best bet if caught by the store is to run, trespassing only works if they know exactly who you are. And try to keep your face covered.. Because like I've been confronted by white knight employees n shit (mostly women believe it or not) and easiest thing to do. Is go "oh right sorry I forgot was in a hurry" and give them over or drop it in a basket and walk out the store. Always try to chameleon yourself too wear bright colored shoes, or a bright jacket. Something that distracts from your face. Its a simple principle that the human mind remember most of what caught the eye.

You an others may disagree with what people like this do... Hell I've even had people tell me that its pretty impressive all the little details that are involved, and say it could be applied else where more productively, but everytime you ask them to name one thing besides this that takes any of those skills, their list falls short. So for anyone who feels the need to explain or tell me that "stealing is bad" save urself the time, my views and yours are clearly that of difference an I hear your point made all the time, if you would like mine then just ask, and I would gladly explain.
>>
>>1079801
The ancient Romans used piss to whiten their teeth. Swished it around I think. Not even joking. Let us know how it goes.
>>
File: 1477277611745.gif (1MB, 258x193px) Image search: [Google]
1477277611745.gif
1MB, 258x193px
>>1079801
Add flouride and also some chimpanzee excrement. It did wonders. I had teeth like they had been in a smelly,bacterius cesspool in georgia. Now my teeth are as white as a set of white teeth.
>>
>>1080008
This. Hurry before its too late.
>>
File: ryobiBBufferSM2.jpg (69KB, 378x304px) Image search: [Google]
ryobiBBufferSM2.jpg
69KB, 378x304px
>>1080008
Fucking barbarians, we're in the 21st century and have mechanical solutions to make shit shiny
>>
>>1080016
>Now my teeth are as white as a set of white teeth.
You're so eloquent.
>>
>>1079801
just use a mechanical toothbrush, possibly a oral B one.
Use it for an average of 5 seconds for each surface for each tooth.
you won't get to the level of a professional cleaning and whitening, but it will be close.
also ditch the whitening kits.
best case they only damage your enamel a little, worst case you gonna need a ceramic onlay.

source: dentist
>>
Want laser teeth whitening for cheap?

Buy 22% carbimide gel, go for a sunbed and apply it to your teeth. Smile to let the UV activate it
>>
>>1079879
I did it more or less every day for a month and a half, I think it would have liked it more in a toothpaste or maybe a make shift tray, like a mouth guard. I also have whiter teeth so maybe if your teeth are rather yellow it would work better.
>>
>>1079801
A couple days ago someone shared this link on some board
http://wellnessmama.com/3662/whiten-teeth-naturally/
>>
>>1080071
>source: dentist

Requesting fun DIY you've seen people do to their mouth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgc1zMJS1C8
>>
>>1080155
Adding this to my repertoire - thanks anon!
>>
>>1080156
seen a woman use loctite attack to fix a crown.
another one broke her dentures and tried fixing them. that further them into such a mess our odontotechnic has to test all of it.
I'll keep a tab on photos might make a thread once it's juicy enough
>>
>>1080006
I think stealing is a shitty thing to do, but would gladly hear your reasoning.
>>
>>1079918
Don't ever use straight up peroxide, always dilute with a bit of water
>>
honestly nothing is going to be instant DIY but if your going to use hydrogen peroxide order a food grade kind, it wont hurt your teeth as bad.
>>
>>1080006
What if employees block you, do they have a right to hold you? I feel like even if they don't cops wont care. You stole something, you go to jail
>>
>>1080477
Oh yea, haha. When I said "straight up" peroxide, I meant the chemical as opposed to the arm and hammer brand toothpaste. I don't even know where to buy pure peroxide.

To be clear, you'll need to further dillute the kind you can buy from the drug store. I forget what ratio I used, but I got it from googling. Less is more, the stuff can make your mouth feel gross for hours if you use too much or don't rinse it out properly.
>>
>>1080671
It probably depends on which state you live in.

Every employee handbook says that you can't touch people, and you have to let them go immediately if they threaten violence of any kind. However... in practice, the managers can tackle people even if they're outside the store already. They often boast about it too. You might be able to sue for injury, but the penalties from the theft would likely outweigh the medical bills from merely being tackled. If they really go crazy and beat your shit in, then yea, but thats unlikely to happen since the managers know they're being recorded.

Bring a concealed knife and if they try to stop you then pull it out. That's the best way to get away with it, but it also ups the ante.
>>
>>1081068
3% peroxides are usually from drug stores as disinfectants

you can't get high % peroxides bcos it's rocket fuel

even 3% is plenty enough for mouth wash, try to dilute it down to .5% or less and see how it feels
>>
>>1080006
do you just steal here and there or do you do it for a living?
do you just steal from shops or do steal from people too?
>>
>>1080228
Please do
>>
what the fuck is this yall are some klyptos
>>
>>1081448
And there's a dentist, a biochemical engineer, and one of us is apparently a rocket fuel tech.

What's your point?
>>
>>1079801
>inb4 quit smoking/drinking

Noone will tell you to quit, but you need to accept the consequences of those things
>>
you guys DO know that teeth naturally are a shade of pale yellow, right?
>tfw you fell for the "white teeth = more attractiveness" maymay
>>
>>1081517

keep fooling yourself
>>
>>1079915
they almost always have RFID sensors on the outside, so unless it's mom and pop's store from the 80's there's gonna be an alarm.
>>
>>1081632
>"He wants nice teeth, ARREST HIM!"
>>
>>1080100
>>1080071
How many minutes and sessions would you say i would need to do this, dentist? average yellowing
>>
File: Ota_Benga_1904.jpg (7KB, 299x376px) Image search: [Google]
Ota_Benga_1904.jpg
7KB, 299x376px
You could file all the yellow shit away, bonus point for going full shark.
>>
>>1081073

http://www.colgateprofessional.co.uk/products/colgate-peroxyl-mouth-wash/overview

This is a 1.5% concentrate. Anyone know if this is decent?
>>
>>1081969
>Brits concerned over their dentistry dept.

(1) - Colgate Peroxyl 1.5% - 300 ML - £4.70 = £1.57 per 100ML
(2) - CARE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE 30VOL (9%) - 200 ML - £3.45 - (1.2 litre @ 1.5%) = £0.29 per 100ML
(3) - Hydrogen peroxide 11.99% Food Grade - 5 Litre - £15.49 - (40 litre @ 1.5%) = £0.04 per 100ML

Its all the same shit, _only_ active on the Colgate is 1.5% peroxide. At 4000% markup. Paying for convenience of ready-mix (and brandname) but, its a good earner, if your name is Mr Colgate. Added bonus of bulk, buy a 5 litre (and dilute to 40 litre..) - save you having to remember buy more for a while. A long while. You can also go 25 litre and shit, but, theyre right awkward to drink out of when you've got a hangover.

SAUCES:
>(1) - http://www.boots.com/en/Colgate-Peroxyl-Mouthwash-300ml_867732/
>(2) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/CARE-HYDROGEN-PEROXIDE-30VOL-200/dp/B009XRQ5TQ/
>(3) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydrogen-peroxide-11-99-including-delivery/dp/B00TYZSFQS/
>>
Activated charcoal/baking soda is a safe all natural teeth whitener
>>
>>1079801

Teeth aren't supposed to be "Chiclet" white, your teeth are essentially Ivory and that means off white/yellowish, of course if you feel the need to fall for a money taking, tooth destroying meme then by all means damage your teeth in the noble quest for unnatural looking teeth, all over the counter and dentist acquired tooth whiteners remove a bit of the enamel, the bleachers soften and remove a layer of your teeth, but don't worry the good Dentist can veneer those choppers when you ruin them, remember it is always best to follow the herd and be and do whst everyone else does, don't get left behind.
>>
>>1082213
/thread
>>
Let a tortilla burn until it gets black.
Crush it until you get dust and apply to teeth.
Wait like 10-15 minutes, rinse and brush your teeth. Do it montly.
My grand father smoked a lot and was a heavy drinker, but his teeth were white because he did this.
>>
>>1079801
grab a small glass container put baking soda on it then squeeze a green lime on it. Let it sizzle and then brush your teeth with it. Best one I've tried!

Smoker here!
>>
>>1079801

None m8.

My girlfriend used to be a dental nurse.

People who have the good shiny white teeth at your age go in every few months (generally twice a year with the regular check ups) and get them professionally whitened.

Aside from not smoking, the best way to keep them clean/white is to use a straw for drinking sugary products or coffee or whatnot. Srs.

Other than your regular daily cleaning routine of course.

My girlfriend said the DIY methods and at home methods aren't worth the cost compared to the results.

Some people swear by oil pulling and baking soda, but I think that's an old wives tale.
>>
>>1079948

I used to work in a supermarket.

Literally thousands of dollars a week in razor blades stolen before the Great Lock Up.

They're extremely expensive, they're extremely easy to sell and they're an item constantly in high demand.

Razor blades, nicorette products, batteries and in the old days cigarettes.
>>
>>1080671

1. Employees don't have the right to hold you, unless it's an active crime or something. They can't say; OPEN YOUR BAGS OR I'LL GRAB YOU!

It does happen, but they're not meant to.

2. Having been an employee - No. One. Cares. At all the stores I worked at, if it was a bad area for theft, they'd hire security. Employees simply don't give a shit. They're being paid peanuts for hard work - Stopping thieves means nothing. AND most of the security is focused on internal monitoring of employees, who do most of the theft. On top of which the sheer amount of shit that gets destroyed and damaged makes employees not care about a junkie pocketing razor blades to sell at the markets.
>>
>>1082305
yeah - your average crackhead/junky 'pro' shoplifter, they dont steal the expensive shit you think they would go after - toiletries, deoderant - razor blades in the good old days - just everyday crap they can fill a bag full, and sell again problemlessly in 5 minutes flat for the next hit.
>>
>>1079801
quit smoking you degenerate piece of shit. fuck sakes its 2016

besides that, i think we should do some research and diy a whitening system like the dentist uses
>>
>>1079915

Give a solution that doesn't involve being a nigger
>>
>>1082328
>whitening system
As another anon said, a slight shade of yellow is natural, and as you get older the more yellow they become. Most whitening methods the dentists use actually damage/decay your teeth or tooth enamel.
>>
>>1082328
Everyone does something that is actively bad for your health. There is no way to cut all that out of your life and not live like a bubble-boy. In fact, not all things that are bad for you are wholly agreed upon (not to say that smoking isn't bad for you.) So you really can't give smokers shit unless you're a dietary aesthetic who doesn't leave his faraday cage-encircled fortress. Unless you're a hypocrite, I guess. Go do some squats, jerk.
>>
>>1081448

Not Kleptomania if done consciously.

On topic, the hydrogen peroxide out of the bottle diluted with waters as a mouth wash does work. It's what I use and it keeps mine white despite occasional red wine, tobacco, & extremely frequent tea/coffee.
>>
>>1083641
>So you really can't give smokers shit unless you're a dietary aesthetic who doesn't leave his faraday cage-encircled fortress.

Yes, based on statistics, you can give smokers shit. The numbers are fucking brutal. Ditto for drunks.

OP should drink until he quits caring about white teeth.
>>
>>1083998
u know so much u must be stephan hawk and ahnald gymswagger
>>
File: 2016-05-16 10.39.55.jpg (2MB, 1181x2098px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-16 10.39.55.jpg
2MB, 1181x2098px
>>1079915
>tfw I work for the company that makes the store brand whitening strips and I get them by the case for free
>>
>>1085954
You're not supposed to put them on your cat.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.