[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light proofing door

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (73KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 960x960px
Hey guys, my studio shares an door with the rest of a house. It is kept locked. At night, the landlord sometimes forgets to turn the light off, and the light shines around the door to light up my room.

I can see where they tried to use foam strip but the gaps are huge, should I just get some thick duct tape to block the light? Would there be an issue with taping a door shut?
>>
File: weatherstripping.jpg (142KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
weatherstripping.jpg
142KB, 500x392px
put pic related around the door jamb and force the door shut into it. it's thick stuff and the rubber sponge (as pictured) is a lot more dense and robust than the easily compressible/smushable weather stripping variety. don't just duct tape the door shut, it'll rip the paint and shit off and leave horrible residue. also a pic of the door and/or the light problem would illustrate wtf you're talking about a lot better
>>
>>1079616
I can provide a pic in a few hours, but ideally if I could apply the fix without opening the door that would be ideal. I have a feeling they are leaving the light on to harass my sleep. For now I have applied silver duct tape so I do not have bright florecent light shining into my room.
>>
>>1079618
Update; silver duct tape does not fully block light. Guess no sleep for me tonight. Or should I go buy more duct tape?
>>
File: 592HWGGBZ.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
592HWGGBZ.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>1079618
>I have a feeling they are leaving the light on to harass my sleep.
why do you think that? also if the door doesn't get used at all hang a blanket or rug/tapestry of something over it to completely hide it. it'll make your room look and sound nicer anyway
>>
>>1079621
>this
Layer it though.
use some foam to fill the big cracks. You can get thick foam at the hardware store, look for the pipe insulation stuff that's like a long foam C then cut a strip the size you need.
Then cover the door with a thick piece of black plastic drop-cloth and cover the drop cloth by hanging up a rug.
>>
File: image.jpg (202KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 1366x768px
>>1079621
I like this idea, I could nail a thick rug to the wall over the door then the door would be usable/not duct taped shut. The door is recessed into the wall about a foot, the studio used to be a single car garage.

>>1079616
This also sounds like a good option but the catch is I have access to the laundry room like twice a month, so I would need to strategically place it during those times
>>
>>1079718
So you're just living out of a renovated garage? Do you have like a kitchen and shit?
>>
>>1079757
Yes I do though it is slightly cramped, at least the ceilings are highish. just need to graduate then I'll move
>>
>>1079718
fuck.. If the damn door is recessed just wallboard it in.

gebus
>>
File: door.jpg (34KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
34KB, 610x610px
Pic of OP's door.

>>1079618
>I have a feeling they are leaving the light on to harass my sleep.

Sorry, OP. It's not the landlord keeping you up at night...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.