[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HVAC duct work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: air duct.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
air duct.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
I decided to do something to make my house smell nice.
Medium size house, 15 individual "rooms". Including, bedrooms, big closets, hallways, bathrooms etc.
I started using different stuff in individual rooms but after a while it gets really boring to go through every one and see which one ended, which one needs batteries etc etc.
So I decided to do something for the whole house.

My idea is to cut a vertical "flap" in the (vertical) return duct of the HVAC (forced air). Three cuts (top and sides) with the uncut part acting as some sort of hinge on the bottom.
Bend the flap to be horizontal. This will become the bottom of a box.
Build three more vertical walls around this bottom.
Put some sort of filter on top.
Basically a box "stuck" to the side of the duct.
In that box I could put some container with volatile oils that I can change once in a while.

What can go wrong?
Anyone did something like this?
Any advice/suggestions?
>>
>>1078861
>Medium size house, 15 individual "rooms
15 rooms is not medium sized you rich fuck

also i cant read what you said about your hvac it doesnt make any sense

also it doesnt make any sense trying to make 15 rooms smell nice by just pumping smell, you might as well just get those timer smell things you plug into the mains that will occasionally spray from a little bottle

your entire strategy is wrong
>>
Sick waveguide
>>
>>1078866
>>1078866
3 bedrooms
1 living room
1 dining room
1 kitchen
1 entry hallway
3 bathrooms
1 basement room
1 utility room
2 hallways
1 walk in closet

15 "rooms"
3 bedroom 3 1/2 bathroom house

>>1078873
picture taken from the internetz, not my house
>>
>>1078861
>15 rooms
>medium sized

You need to get out of the gated community more.
>>
File: IMG_4135.jpg (254KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4135.jpg
254KB, 800x552px
>>1078882
Also why don't you just put it behind the filter in the air return?

>pic related
>>
Get the ducts cleaned. Spray smell good stuff intonthe returns or sit them in the return
>>
>>1078883
I thought about that but the return is not that easily accessible
>under the ceiling on top of the stairs
>>1078885
ducts are clean, the system has a huge filter (20x25x10)

basically I'm trying to build a second return that will be easier to access (that will also draw air from the bottom of the house instead of just the top)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.