[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tool collections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: cr.jpg (218KB, 1900x1016px) Image search: [Google]
cr.jpg
218KB, 1900x1016px
A few years ago I started building my wireless tool collection.
>one battery several tools
I put a lot of money
>new stuff
and time and effort
>old stuff off Craigslist
into it and I got to have most of the tools anyone can think of

The problem is that I started with a dying brand

>Craftsman

They're in trouble (financially). Actually their owner, Sears.
This means no new stuff, no new technology.

How fuck up am I in this situation?

I'm not a hardcore user (I'd be getting corded or air tools for that) but I'd like to have tools to work during the week-ends.

What would you do if you were me?
Sell everything at a huge loss and start all over again or just keep going and die of envy every time you go to Home Depot (for example) and see what other tool makers have just launched?

FML!
Or FMDIYL!
>>
>>1078851
>What would you do if you were me?
learn to rebuild the batteries
>>
>>1078856
batteries are fine (and because I take care of them, they'll last a long time)
the problem are the tools
>>
>>1078851
ya dun goofed bro
i would chalk it up as a loss and sell them, cause the new shit their making is tight
>>
>>1078868
wrong!
they're not making any new stuff
>>
>>1078863
>batteries are fine (and because I take care of them, they'll last a long time)
>the problem are the tools

If they work that isn't a problem. What is YOUR PRECISE problem? If you want more tools then buy something different. Meantime, use what you have.

No need to be autismal about having tools which take identical batteries. Is there a tool you don't have which you need? Then fucking buy it with a charger and battery and get to work.
>>
>>1078851
Are you autistic? Use your tools for the next year, don't buy anything else for that system. After a year of saving, buy the whole new set of DeWalt™ brand DeWalt™ Power© Tools®
>>
>>1078876
>>1078878
I am probably autistic about tools
I have several I haven't used yet (although I have tools that had a few years between being bought and being used for the first time).
My problem is "new tools"
In the future, the problem MIGHT be "replacement tools" if mine crap out and Craftsman goes under (if they can't sell it to someone with more money)

There are no tools that I IMMEDIATELY need but there are some that I might use in the future.
Or that I think I might like to use in the future.
Or that I think I'd (just) like to have

yeah, I'm that autistic regarding tools!
>>
>>1078851
You are fucking retarded for buying Craftsman
They OEM their tools out, they change OEMs all the time. They kill off lines way faster than real brands.

And since Sears and Kmart are on life support, it was an especially poor idea.

>What would you do if you were me?

Run them till they die, then use a little bit of critical thinking skills next time you invest in something
>>
>>1078851
nothing wrong with craftsman for casual use

I have a nextec drill and driver, and they work well....battery lasts quite a long time and always have had enough power for what I needed them to do

don't bother with cordless saws
>>
>>1078870
Wrong!
Craftsman does not make tools. They are a brand only. They just buy tools from other companies and have them put their name on them. IIRC TTI (Ryobi, Milwaukee, etc) are the contractor for their power tools these days.
>>
>>1079031
>IIRC TTI (Ryobi, Milwaukee, etc) are the contractor for their power tools these days.

depends on the line
They were using Black and Decker recently for their BoltOn tools
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.