[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: nos40g30.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
nos40g30.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
Ok so I'm not sure I'm in the good section and it may sound really basic but let's give it a shot.

I'm in a room with poor brightness, only one lamp. Must be an economic one but I can't tell because I know nothing about that. I've got no lampshade so it's pretty ugly. I'd like to fix that.

What kind of lamp should I have ? What lampshade do you recommend ? Where to find those articles ?

For the voltage I'm in EU, it's 220V I think.

Btw I do not have any knowledge about how lamps are working. I forgot what type of gaz there's in it but I'd like to know.
Thanks.
>>
>>1078489
What type of base does it have? ie B22 E27.

Just get one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Edison-Screw-Light-Frosted/dp/B01HZRNFJ8 it will provide plenty of light for a dark room, I have a 75w LED equivalent in my dining room and it provides plenty of light.
>>
>>1078494
After some research I'll say it's a E27, I'm not sure how to check that without measuring it though.

Yours look good, thx. Any advice for a lampshade ?
>>
>>1078489
unscrew your lightbulb and take a picture
>>
>>1078502
E27 is the fatter one, E14 is the thinner one.

>Any advice for a lampshade?
One that looks nice but doesn't block the light, so maybe something like pic related that lets all the light come out from the end of the bulb. I know from experience just how a dark a room can be with a lampshade that shades the lamp too much.
>>
File: bulbfittings.jpg (30KB, 515x228px) Image search: [Google]
bulbfittings.jpg
30KB, 515x228px
>>1078502
>I'm not sure how to check that without measuring it though.
>>
File: E27.png (287KB, 385x659px) Image search: [Google]
E27.png
287KB, 385x659px
>>1078505
Nvm, I found the model back online.
So I guess you just judge by the width of it ?
Anyway it is a E27.
>>
>>1078509
Yep that looks like E27, what country are you located in?
>>
>>1078508
>>1078506
Thx, will be useful.

One more stupid question though: How do you put a lampshade ? It's just a plastic support you put before the lamp or it's something else ? I really don't know there's none of that here.
>>
>>1078510
Belgium, it is the standard one for what I looked up.
>>
File: 2B20P.png (115KB, 1494x1064px) Image search: [Google]
2B20P.png
115KB, 1494x1064px
>>1078511
All the white plastic light pendants in my house unscrew and allow you to slip over a shade (no rewiring required).

>Belgium
You should be able to get an LED bulb very easily then, look in local hardware stores and see which is cheaper. I personally like Philips bulbs as they are always built to last and to a high quality.

The bulb posted >>1078494 are common as dirt.
>>
File: pendant.jpg (3KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
pendant.jpg
3KB, 290x290px
>>1078511
Do your light fittings look like this? If so the lower portion unscrews and allows you to slip a lampshade over it.
>>
>>1078513
>>1078516

Thanks both of you for your assistance, I hope I'll find something who looks good.
>>
>>1078518
Good luck, but yeah LEDs are taking over and they are the way forward.

I have a small dark dingy bedroom too and in the end went for some GU10 LED spots so I could see what I'm doing when messing with DIY.
>>
>>1078520
>GU10 LED
Ah yeah, the small head one's ? Isn't the luminosity less omnidirectional with this one ?

I have a workoffice lamp for anything that require more "precision".
>>
>>1078526
I got lumped with the box room in my parents house so I'm stuck using a high sleeper bed that goes right under the light fitting.

This makes the room very dark because the light is blocked. The spots help because I've got two angled towards the walls and they bounce light under the bed whilst a brighter one with a wider beam angle is directed at the floor.

Its not perfect but its certainly better than using a single bulb in my case.
>>
>>1078530
Lack of space, I feel you dude. It sounds cosy though.
>>
File: DSC_0404.jpg (472KB, 2439x1846px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0404.jpg
472KB, 2439x1846px
>>1078535
I can't wait to get my own place, here its just too overcrowded and always feels damp and stuffy because of the 5 people and 2 pets living in a small house designed for 3.
>>
>>1078536
Having your own place give you others troubles but yeah, I agree. Try to make the best of it in the meantime.
I wish you best of luck, anon.
>>
>>1078539
Thanks man, good luck with fitting your new lampshade and enjoy the new world of low running cost LED lighting.
>>
File: teplota-žiaroviek.png (498KB, 792x540px) Image search: [Google]
teplota-žiaroviek.png
498KB, 792x540px
>>1078545
Forgot to add that make sure the LED you buy has a 2700k color temperature, anything higher might look too white for a bedroom.
>>
>>1078549
Actually I think it's the problem with mine right now.
Everything kind look like a sunset, I'm not sure to like it. I always wonder if it's not making me sleepy.
>>
>>1078552
hmm in that case aim for a 3000k color temperature, that should certainly make the room more energetic.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-LED-Bulb-3000K-400Lumen/dp/B00PIG7536

Again they should sell these locally at the hardware store.
>>
>>1078554
Seems good. I look toward it. Once again thanks for all the good advices.
>>
>>1078558
No problem. I think going to an actual store is better in some cases as they usually have some bulbs on display, plus you get to interact with the cute cashiers.
>>
>>1078561
Yeah well, so much for the interact part for me...
Plus cute cashiers aren't only rare, it's hard to really have a conversation with someone doing such a job.
>>
>>1078564
Being told to have a nice day is enough for me, I'm not much of a talker either but its a nice confidence boost when they talk.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.