[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-Bird Decals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: windowalert-decals-from-inside.jpg (100KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
windowalert-decals-from-inside.jpg
100KB, 500x460px
Hello I'm working for a Institution which has a large open presentation-hall with high windows in it's building. Frequently, birds fly in and try to get out via the windows and fly against it and die after some attempts.

I want this to stop but my boss is very concerned with bad aesthetics and we can neither buy nor order premade ones here.

My question to you is, what form do the stickers need to have and how much do I need to apply for birds to avoid them.

I'm gonna do them myself, planned is to order Vinyl silhouttes but I saw transparent ones too, anyone know what kind of material?
>>
File: 1471184637634.jpg (56KB, 551x437px) Image search: [Google]
1471184637634.jpg
56KB, 551x437px
bump
>>
use foil strips
>>
Bump
Literally
>>
anything will work

those decals just let the birds know that something is there and not open space.

you could go to the dollar store and plaster the windows with any sticker. vinyl fades under UV light over time, just like just about anything else you'll find. the only benefit from vinyl is that it doesn't need an adhesive, so you won't need a razor blade to remove them.

you best bet would be netting hung 6'' away from the window. it's not for cushioning the birds from the hard glass, but does the same thing by letting the birds know its not an open space.

aesthetically, netting is the way to go because it will disappear to our eyes at a distance and you're going to have to plaster the window with stickers which would be more visible. at a distance.

even if it is visible, people won't care once they know it's for saving birds. a vast majority of the populace would applaud you for attempting to save birds (as long as they aren't pigeons)..
>>
Tvärminne zoological station in the Gulf of Finland uses black silhouette stickers that look like a predatory bird. I believe they work as they have been there for at least as long as I have been there. And it IS a zoological station after all so I believe they, if somebody, are interested in keeping the birds out from the windows...
>>
>>1078344
>netting
are you sure about that?

>>1078348
that was what I was going for, seems like one small decal for every window is enough, isn't it?
>>
>>1078458
That is the solution in
>>1078348
>>
>>1078348
Owl, hawk, etc.

You can also get plastic owls to put on roof.
>>
Take a look at this: I've always liked the birds in flight decals at Old Mills Station, it's very pretty and uplifting, especially on gloomy days:
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.