[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LED Infinity Mirror Table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 20161029_205121_LLS.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_205121_LLS.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
Hey /diy/nosaurs. I saw a few infinity mirrors that looked pretty cool and wanted to try a starter project with a small table. I'm pretty happy with the results and I'll post a few pics here and try to get a gif.

Ask any questions and I'll try to answer them best as possible.
>>
File: 20161029_205340_LLS.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_205340_LLS.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
>>
File: 20161023_144823.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161023_144823.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>
What are the basics behind this project? Its an interesting concept. I currently work at a glass shop so I have access to all kinds of mirror/glass/plexi/ lexan. I also have a working knowledge on electronics and carpentry so I don't think thus would be real difficult for me to build. I currently have a 42" Samsung plasma TV taken apart and being used as a table top. I could just use the frame from the TV and install my own glass and leds into it
>>
File: 20161029_182733.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_182733.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>1077728

You want a two way mirror on top, and from experience with this project, try to get the darkest tint you can on the mirror, with a regular mirror sitting inside the table.

The sides are lined with LEDs (in my case individually addressable LEDs) controlled by an Arduino. From the experiments me and my buddy did it seems that the closer the lights are to the top and bottom mirror the better the results.

Also,

>I have access to all kinds of mirror/glass/plexi/lexan

I'm pretty jelly right now. I want to do a multi layered infinity mirror project with etched glass plates. It sounds like you would have access to everything needed to do that.
>>
>>1077728
Infinity mirrors are two layers of mirrors

One regular on the bottom and one Is a 1 way mirror with the reflective side pointed towards the other mirror

In the gap you rim the edge with leds for that effect

Larger the gap the greater the spacing in the infinity effect
>>
>>1077728
Fuckin eh bruh. Google the shit
Not being a dick but i think a normal mirror and a 2 way murror and u can do it. Pretty sick main. Get it.
>>
>>1077733
#etchedglassplates.

Good on ya. I used a highly adjustable cordless dremel and plexiglass. Highly recomend that or lazer etched. Backlight plexi comes up with 2 color doors some fag did a dragon and sword that is epic
>>
>>1077722
wtf am I looking at here it looks 3d and is fucking me up
>>
>>1078292
you looking at a normal mirror moron
>>
As tomado grogas y te a dado él subidon
>>
>>1078287

Do glass places laser etch glass? If so is it really expensive?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.