[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

toolbox thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 20161029_101209-1.jpg (4MB, 2593x1928px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_101209-1.jpg
4MB, 2593x1928px
Topic is above, so post 'em!

About my box:

I'm a german electrician and so it's no coincidence my bag is nearly filled with german tools only.

- Weidmüller Stripax wirestripper
- various Knipex pliers
- some old pliers for the dirty jobs
- Proxxon wrenches
- electronic calipers
- Bosch nutset
- UT 139C multimeter in a Beha case
- various Wiha screwdrivers

so these are my everyday tools.

also just ordered my Beha 2100-Gamma, can't wait to get my hands on it.

if there are any questions, just ask away!
>>
>>1077137

forgot to mention that everything is stored in my Parat Silver toolcase.
>>
>>1077137
How do you eat würst with any of that, Kraut?
>>
Currently training to be an electrician in England any tips or advice (especially for the maths side of it?)
>>
>>1077196

Keep your ears open, and practise, practise and practise.

Can't say really more about the theoretical side.
>>
>>1077211
Practice*
>>
>>1077229

Oh well, my mistake.
>>
>>1077137
Wiha drivers are overpriced. Sure, they look fancy and offer electrical protection, but why are you holding any screwdriver without electrical PPE? Redundant equipment.
>>
>>1077243

I don't think they are overpriced.

In germany you pay 28 Euros for the set with the 6 most common used screwdrivers. Also
>>
>>1077246
>6 most common
Senpai, I have a multibit that does all of that, plus nut drivers from 1/4 to 3/8. It weighs less than 6 drivers, and I paid 10-12 bucks for it, or 13 bingbongs.
>>
>>1077137
> electrician
> spanners and calipers
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
>>
>>1077239
You get one pass because you're German, but after that I'll assume you took our appeasement as rolling over and world war 3 will be on
>>
>>1077292
>Electricians don't need actual tools!
You must be a neet.
>>
>>1077137
>Clean and high quality
I would not expect anything else from a German. That's why I like you guys, predictable but in a good way. Well done, Bastian.

>Tfw the "new Germans" are the total opposite though
How do you cope with them pissing and shitting in the subway train?
>>
>>1077527

Thank you mate for appreciating our work!

and about the other thing:

i am really fucking happy to live on the countryside of germany and not in a city.
The amount of freshly imported "doctors and engineers" is quite low.

to say it in "soft" words: I don't need them.
>>
>>1077285
Ahahahah ah ah
Nice troll man, really nice
>>
>>1077137
I have two full sets of proxxon wrenches and they are good and not overly expensive. Also if you buy pliers you don't need anything other than Knipex, the cobra is awesome. Also buying Wurth is never a mistake.
I'm a logger/farmer and my toolbox is quite packed. Jacks, wrenches, sockets, pliers, hammers, punches etc and also chainsaw tools
>>
>>1077470
I have never used calipers in an electrician capacity. I suppose if you are an apprentice it could be handy for calculating csa. Nobody on their right mind is carrying around a full set of spanners this isn't a car or plumbing. What are they for nuts on a bussbar? Nut rounder is sufficient there is no way you need the extra weight especially a full fucking set. Maybe 8/10/12 you could make an argument for but if you need them regularly or for niche industrial work then there's a while heap missing from that box
>>
>>1077636
Spanners are pretty basic equipment for an electrician desu.
Various enclosures, earthing connections, motor connection boxes and so on.
Ideally one should carry a spanner set as well as a socket driver set!
>>
>>1077638

You know what's up matey.
>>
>>1077137
Why the chink multimeter and not a gossen? Do you hate living
>>
>>1077706

My old Fluke got broken, and this one was the best to get at the moment.

I also just use it for measuring DC.

For normal installation i am going to use the 2100-Gamma by Beha-Amprobe
>>
>>1077243
Why would you work on electrical equipment without 1000v rated tools?

As an automation technician I'm told to throw away any screwdrivers with damaged isolation. Obviously we don't pay for our tools though.
>>
>>1077758
Why wouldn't you?

Let's be honest, there's a slim chance of getting electrocuted if you're for example, changing the plug on something and not using an insulated screwdriver.
>>
>>1077761

And your way of thinking is the exact reason why people like you should stay really far away from electronics.
>>
>>1077761
Because you're exposing yourself to completely unnecessary risks by carrying around unrated tools.

The rated tools can do everything the unrated tools can, but not the other way around.
>>
>>1077776
>>1077777

Absolutely not. You're looking at the situation from the perspective who's read the book at college level electrical installations which completely disregards common sense.

If there's no electricity present there is no risk, if there is no risk there is no need to pay more for insulated tools.

The problem isn't the tools you're using or the rating of protection they offer but people like who you don't do enough to prevent accidents and follow proper lock out and shut down strategies.
>>
File: foto_add-10750.jpg (63KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
foto_add-10750.jpg
63KB, 800x533px
Fellow German here. I use pic related for wire-end terminals, and I love this tool to bits. Do the 97 72 180 pliers you use work equally well?
>>
File: 221_PM_1.jpg (163KB, 750x535px) Image search: [Google]
221_PM_1.jpg
163KB, 750x535px
>>1077845
Wire-end ferrules I meant, sorry. Also, would it not be good to always have a handful of Wago terminals within reach to fix stuff?
>>
>>1077845
Completely different tool.

The picture you posted is a self adjusting ratcheting crimper. It takes less effort to crimp a ferrule and you don't need to pick the right hole. If you have one of these, don't waste your time with anything else.

I'm also pretty sure that the type of crimp it puts on a ferrule is gas tight to help stop corrosion. Some applications may specifically call for that.

>>1077846
These are awesome but expensive. The only other expedient solution is a twist on wire cap. I don't think you can use those is Europe in many places in residential wiring.

I happen to like crimp on wire caps. They work pretty well and are cheaper than those wago things.

(no OP)
>>
Electrician here.

I'm finally buckling and going to buy a pair of auto strippers. I saw them first about 10 years ago and they sucked, however I hear nothing but good things now.

Money is no object, who makes the best.

Thanks.
>>
>>1077875
klein baby
>>
>>1077777
holy shit
>>
>>1077875
Appliance repair guy here, Klein katapults are what I use and I love the shit out of em. No complaints after 4 years use on all sizes of stranded and solid wire.
>>
>>1077875

Get the Stripax i am using. You can replace nearly every part of it, and it's a great working tool.

Greetings
>>
>>1077875
>Money is no object

Pay someone else to do it dickhead.
>>
>>1077846
I love wago clamps, the best part is that it doesn't fuck over the next electrician.

>>1077875
Get stripax if you can avoid manhandling them.
>>
>>1077137
So this is enough to get an electrician through a typical day?
>>
>>1078240

OP here,

yep, that's the typical loadout you need for everyday work. Also in the industrie you need most of the times just your small screw driver so you can work at plc and sensors, kek.

But yes, all in all you can use these things for nearly everything an electrician has to do.
>>
File: IMG_20160421_060158936.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160421_060158936.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Had to take a pic for insurance because my building is full of sneak thief's
>>
>>1077137
>knipex and wiha VDE cert. tools

Mein fugging neger
>>
>>1078844

I invest in quality, only the best of the best.

The right tools for the right job.

Grüße aus Deutschland mein Freund!
>>
File: CIMG1680.jpg (368KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG1680.jpg
368KB, 1143x857px
>>1077137
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.