[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LG Oscillating Red LED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 355.gif (43KB, 48x64px) Image search: [Google]
355.gif
43KB, 48x64px
I'm trying to build a moving sculpture, pic related. I want the eye (red LED preferably) to move in a lifelike, oscillating motion. A pre-built, battery powered set up is preferred, but at this point I'll take anything, because oscillating leds/ led sockets seem to not exist. Nothing too bright, like a police signal, either.

Anybody know where I could find this?
>>
>>1076642
Judging from that gif the light seems to be stationary while the skull moves around.
Pedantics aside, if all you're looking for is a pulsating led, the circuitry wouldn't be that difficult. I would look into some adafruit stuff perhaps
>>
>>1076647
You know, at this point I've considered just making the body oscillate around the light. Trying to do as little wiring as possible but if I have to then fine. I've also noticed that "oscillating" is a very poor search term for electronic components.
>>
>>1076642

What I would try :

Get a glass eye pendant, put some EL wire or LED strip around it to make it glow, stick it on a balsa wood stick painted black (wires going to it too).

If you make the body move the glass will move slightly too. Otherwise you can have an electric motor drive the bottom end of the stick to make it oscillate.

PS. starting a bit too late for Halloween.
>>
>>1076642
Use a metronome?
>>
>>1076642
If you want one LED that moves around, that is gonna take at least one motor and one LED. It would help if you said how much distance this eye needs to move around.

What you could do instead is just have (a few) neopixels placed together, and then you could make them blink however you wanted with a digispark.
They wouldnt actually move around--you'd just animate them to make it look like there's one light moving around.....

neopixels are digitally-controlled RGB LEDs. They can be set to show any of 256 colors, plus you can animate them.
digisparks are like $15 on the official website but the clones work the same and only cost $1.50 from China-land.
Digisparks are easy to program, they can be programmed in the arduino IDE.
>>
>>1076642
I'd just glue a red LED to a stick glued to servo. Probably control both with Arduino so I could pulse the light, bc I'm lazy as fuck.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.