[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any lathe stories /diy/? Did you ever saw, suffer of were close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: s-l1000.jpg (88KB, 1000x765px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
88KB, 1000x765px
Any lathe stories /diy/?

Did you ever saw, suffer of were close to suffer a lathe accident?
>>
>>1076490
yeah, twice. got PTSD from it.
>>
>>1076490
>student workshop
>relatively new to using a lathe
>facing a part after drilling i can't remember why
>lathe makes a fucking weird noise
>panic and shut it down
>go get supervisor
because of drill holes it was intermittent cut making the funny noise, nothing to worry about

phew!
that was the closest i came to accident.
>>
>>1076490
Not a lathe story as such, but an industrial accident nonetheless. I used to work for jaguar/land rover in the UK and I saw somebody get stamped by a machine used to press car doors out of sheet metal. He was under the stamp and dropped the control pad, it swung on its cord and hit part of the supporting structure. That bang was enough to activate the press and turn him into a puddle.
>>
>>1076497
well that sounds like absolute bullshit
>>
>>1076497
>under the stamp

how the fuck does a person get in there, have a pic?
>>
File: home1.jpg (132KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
home1.jpg
132KB, 1333x1000px
>>1076502
not the guy replied to, but theres plenty of room for a person in a stamping press
>>
>>1076502
It happened almost 20 years ago so no pics.
The thing was huge, a man could easily fit under there and you had to load/unload it manually.
I don't think his whole body was squished but I didn't exactly turn around and take a second look
>>
Yeah I left the chuck key in the hole one time.. and thew the lever absent mindedly.. luckily it was on a lower speed setting and just threw it up in the air a little and didn't make much noise.. casually picked it up and continued working haha.
>>
Shop class in hs a kid wore a watch and got sucked in at high rpms, blood was all over, idk what happened to him, he lived just never saw him at school again. But the watch saved the school from a lawsuit, teacher got in trouble though.
>>
>>1076490
one time i was filing a part in my mini lathe, and one of the chuck jaws hit my knuckle and it hurt

another time i was cutting steel and hot chip got stuck to my hand and left a little mark

that's pretty much it, mini lathes are harmless and fun
>>
>>1076510

>20 years ago
>1996

Any kind of industrial press requires the operator to press two push buttons at once in order to activate it, unless it's inside a locked gate.

Slow moving presses even require you to keep holding the two buttons all the way, to prevent people from accidentally or intentionally sticking their hands in them after starting them.

The probability that in 1996 there was, in any factory in the UK, any press that lacked such a basic safety feature is pretty much nil.
And you're not even talking about some assbackwards metal stamping company in the middle of nowhere, you're talking about Land Rover.

Yeah, no. 0/10
>>
i power fed the cross slide into its maximum extension so the nut hit the end of the carraige and the screw kept turning. this bends the screw.
>>
>>1076521
>The probability that in 1996 there was, in any factory in the UK, any press that lacked such a basic safety feature is pretty much nil.

you are totally wrong there bud. manufacturing equipment lasts FOREVER. i've seen vertical turning centers with 4 foot baseplates that still have punch tape readers on the side of them.

there is so much grandfathered equipment floating around its not even funny.
>>
>>1076529

It doesn't matter how old the press is, the control panel can be retrofitted with the new safety double switch at a ridiculously low expense.

No sane business owner would set himself up for a lawsuit that would run in the hundreds of thousands of pounds + a criminal manslaughter charge just to save 500 quid on the control panel.

Plus if we were talking about such an old press, it wouldn't have had a "control pad" for the guy to drop, it would have had a good ol' wall panel.
>>
>>1076532
>No sane business owner would set himself up for a lawsuit that would run in the hundreds of thousands of pounds + a criminal manslaughter charge just to save 500 quid on the control panel.

its so fucking obvious that you have never been inside a small to medium sized production facility.

plenty of business owners do this, and when an accident happens it puts them out of business for good. shit like that is exactly how businesses fail. you say "no sane business owner" because you are using large established corporations as your model.
>>
>>1076532
what's it like living in wonderland? Im sure that other guy is making up his story because lol 4chan but goddamn how butthurt are you about brexit?
>>
>>1076532
I regularly operate a 500 ton press that is controlled by one lever. If I felt the need I could stick my whole body in and lower it.

As for lathe accident, saw a guy get dragged into one when a stringer got wrapped around his leg and the work piece. He wasn't supposed to be behind the machine, but oh well.
>>
>>1076532
I'm not arguing the validity of the guy's story, but at my shop, one of the mold sampling presses is ~40 years old, has a pendant control, and the only safety it has is basically a reverse dead man line that clips onto your belt.
Industrial manufacturing is fucking hellish, man. The company across the road just got ass reamed by OSHA because they had this ancient Kearney and Trecker that didn't have literally any sort of LOTO equipment and some dude got his arm amputated.
>>
>forgot chuck key in lathe
>a few times
>thrown and hit my chest twice, other time chuck stayed in and jammed the machine. Belt lathe saved me from really bad things.

>drilling a larger hole in nylon block, 1/4" to 1/2" hole in drill press
>part jams, bit breaks, and then part flies out of the clamp.
>only had a good sized cut from the part flying out of the clamp and stabbing back of hand.
>>
>>1076591
>>drilling a larger hole in nylon block, 1/4" to 1/2" hole in drill press

Nylon is the worst thing ever to drill, I swear.
>>
>>1076595
Nylon and aluminum are the fucking bane of my life.
>>
>>1076548
but we ARE talking about a large established corporation
Jaguar/Land Rover ain't exactly a backwoods machine shop
>>
>>1076632
A lot of vehicle work that's not one of the big 3 is done in independent shops. At least it is for molds. My job is family-owned and I'm currently working on a mold for Maserati.
>>
>>1076640
but is that true overseas?
>>
>High school shop class (yes, when they still had those)
>Friend is using a lathe and sand paper to narrow a length of dowel and flairs out to the ends
>Only needs a slight change and doesn't want to have to sand off tool marks so he uses sandpaper
>It's taking too long so he ups the speed
>Still taking too long so he gets a larger piece of sandpaper
>STILL taking too long so, instead of holding the ends of the sandpaper like we were taught (pic related), he puts the paper in his hand and squeezes it around the wood like he's jerking it off
>It's a big old Rockwell lathe on a large stand and he's not a big guy so he has to lean over it a bit to reach
>"Hey man, you probably shouldn't be doi---"
>His hand slips and he falls into the lathe
>The chuck catches his shirt and pulls him into the machine
>He gets pulled sideways and slammed into the base of the lathe like someone kicked his legs out from underneath him
>The chuck peels his shirt and undershirt off of him like out of a cartoon
>Before I have a chance to even flinch he is on the ground making oinking sounds because the wind was knocked out of him

Six cracked ribs, 1 broken. A bruise that covered his entire chest and extended up his neck and one arm. His chin was bruised like he got kicked by a mule. His back was covered in marks for days where the shirts were pulled against his skin. You could make out the pattern of the different weaves and where the seams were they pressed in so hard. There was never any mention of a lawsuit and we never signed any weavers beforehand. The school paid for the hospital trip without a complaint, though. It was a Tuesday. He was back in school by Thursday. He was back on the lathe that day.

>Video semi-related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STbhaqsBJB0
>>
>>1076490
Close once. In my class at my college one guy got his fucking sweatshirt caught on it and it was pulling him in and he just straight up went
HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP
until someone ran over and turned it off.
>>
>>1076492
Well share, nigga.
>>
>>1076640
Gotta love Italian craftmanship, tell me more
>>
no gore, seen a few crashes though

when a wrist-thick boring bar made from hardened tool steel snaps it makes a pretty loud boom
>>
>>1076646
>Before I have a chance to even flinch he is on the ground making oinking sounds because the wind was knocked out of him
>on the ground making oinking sounds
topkeks
>>
>>1076573
I regularly operate a 10 000 ton press and you have to actually stand under it to activate the on switch then quickly step out from under it before it kills you
>>
>>1076640
This!
I did a summer job during high-school in a little study of two people, I worked on very little project for very big companies.
>>
>>1076742
The guy running the machine across from me didn't lower the rpms to run a 3" dia boring bar last week.
They really don't like spinning at 3000 rpm. A piece of it is still stuck in the ceiling.
>>
>>1076490

I'll never get near a metal lathe out of sheer instinct to preserve my life, but I got a wood lathe story

>be me
>long standing tradition in our family for grandpa to make baby cribs whenever a new member is born
>grandpa dies, gets passed on to dad
>dad gets old, needs lots of help
>I end up making all of the pieces and he helps assemble
>making 12 little bars for the sides on the lathe
>cold as fuck cause heated shops are pixie dust around here
>wearing my old torn up carhart
>couple pieces done, starting to get sloppy (my fault, I know)
>decide save time on sanding and just sand on the lathe
>coat gets caught
>instantly sucked up to my armpit
>thankfully the piece breaks before I get sucked over more
>still fly's straight back into my ribs and slaps the wind right out of me
>gtfo and assess
>no blood
>arm still in one piece
>nothing obvious broken
>still ended up with three bruised ribs

Looking back that thing was a death trap. We built it ourselves and but a 7 horse horizontal shaft motor on it from an old rototiller to turn it. It worked pretty well, but had no emergency shut off, and since it was gas powered we had work with the door open which means lots of dangly clothing bits for it to grab in the winter, and you had reach across the work piece to grab your tools. Oh, and it was so loud no one could hear you yelling for help if you needed it, which is also probably bad.
>>
>>1076490

I know nothing about lathes, but want to get on for learning/fucking around. After than obvious things like it being in good condition, what should I look for?
>>
>>1076497
>>1076510
As far as I'm aware, it wasn't Jaguar/LR until 2006 or so.

Why would you refer to it as Jaguar/LR if that's not what the company was when you worked there?

It never happened
>>
>>1076773
I regularly work with a 500,000 ton press that operates on a timer to increase productivity. You have between 7 and 10 seconds (timer is broken and finicky) to climb into the press and load a new part and get out before you are crushed. A guy nicknamed lucky taught me how to use it after he lost his last limb and couldn't operate it anymore.
>>
>>1076490
Wow, OP, what a crazy looking typewriter!
How far we've come, eh?
>>
File: Ken-Ham.jpg (22KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Ken-Ham.jpg
22KB, 480x640px
>>1076646
>>Video semi-related
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STbhaqsBJB0 [Remove]
Oh lord, Anon "I can't breathe"!!!
Christ I was having a shitty day, but thanks, that shit is gold.
>>
No one was injured, but when my dad had a lathe in his shop building, the first time we used it all the fluorescent tube lights shattered. We think it was the vibrations or something, it was pretty crazy.

Now we've just got shitty bare lightbulbs in various places for lighting.
>>
>>1076532
Dude. The storage facility I worked at in 2006 made its own pallet shelves out of scrap metal and a MiG welder. Imagine working on the floor in-betweeen swaying shelves filled with 6-8 tonnes of pallets and auto parts. Jesus fuck we had so many accidents.
Also worked as a technician at a meat plant, and the shop, conveniently located in the basement, had no emergency exits, all gas and flammables were stored in the hallway adjacent to our break room, and the welding area was so riddled with bad diy and faulty wiring that we spent more time repairing tools, racks and/or coworkers than fixing problems upstairs.
A cardboard factory I spent a winter at had a machine nicknamed "Chomp" and another called "Domino". Chomp had gotten "modified" (safety breakers removed and steel bar preventing accidental insertions removed) to increase workflow. Sometimes took a finger or a chunk of skin. Domino was named so cause "It always knocks someone on their ass. You learn to see it comin or you take sick leave". This was in 2009, second biggest cardboard factory in my country.
>>
Guys you are all talking absolute shite, I operate a 1000000000 ton press and you actually have to stand inside the press while its operating, if you setup out at any time it will immediately stop working. It doesn't have two levers, it doesn't even have one lever, it only runs when someone is standing inside it.
I just got trained on it yesterday, first time operating it tomorrow actually. I'm kind of nervous because the previous guy only showed me how to do it one time and he said it was his first time operating it and If you think that's bad they expect me to train some other guy how to use it too!
>>
Too poor for a lathe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTagWyBMYn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzq0x7KUyxc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juw701gCiso
>>
>>1076728
>italian
Lel. I'm in western Michigan.
I don't honestly know what it is, just that the foreman has been up my ass about replacing cutters and sharpening drills every 5 minutes. It looks like a hood scoop.
>>
>>1076607
Aluminum machines beautifully if you select the right alloys
>>
>>1077086
I work in a shop so I basically take whatever the customer gives us.
And usually its the shittiest, softest, gummiest recycled pop cans you can imagine.
>>
>>1077087
Tell them to fuck off and order something useful?
>>
Trade trainer with leatherman here. Ausfag and all. Many stories to tellfor all machines. I always smash trainees about safety - no even near misses for my crews so far. But other guys crews have had :
Drill press :
-50x10 1m length bms grab while drilling 15mm hole. Guy had length to his right so he was smacked in the side. Speed not set correctly.
- idiot wearing gloves had glove caught on swarf and pulled into chuck.
- idiot with long hair was smashed into drill by hair, which was then ripped off skin inclusive in a nice swaithe.

Woodlathe:
- chisel handle break in half bowl turning, tool steel flew off and missed another guy by inches.
- paper chuck not glued properly,plus fastest speed for roughing with a skew chisel ffs. 100x100 laminated workpiece exited via window behind lathe.
- many sanding accidents
- long sleeves enough said.
- neck tie - my fav.

metal lathe
- chuck keys left in, exited via : nuts, forehead, chest, 1x jammed into bedways.
- lathe turned on whilst in high speed with lead screw engaged, saddle traveled along lathe bed to chuck in aprox 2 seconds, snapped tooling off (was in reverse direction) against chuck, tool steel exiting through roof & ceiling, left deep cut in forehead. Lathe jammed up needing a jimmy bar to unlock it.
- guy somehow mashed finger off by trying to feel the knurling tool as lathe was running - finger run through it. Amputation + broken wrist & various lacerations.
- hand skinned by trying to remove stainless swarf from lathe whilst running.
- personal fave - i just overhauled lathe. Put sign on "do not use", had to wipe excess oil and grease out of chuck. Guy tosses sign, top fucking speed no safeties fires it up. I walk in in time to see the guy get basically spray tanned with grease and oil waist to forehead, eyes included. Silly fuckers shouldnt remove lockouts.

The list actually is rather endless. Ive got them for basically most gear. You know. If its in the workshop its spilled blood at some point
>>
>>1077087
Stupid shit. Why accept materials of unknown origin that will often cause expensive damage to your tooling. Sorry sir, the 6" dildo we machined from your ally barstock was $80 labor, and the two broken tips another $30. Yes it looks like shit, as your metal was not free machining.
>>
>>1076490
A friend burned down a lathe trying to make a ring for his gf out of titanium.
>>
>>1076987
The one I work in is actually a black hole
>>
File: 1474978236966.jpg (103KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474978236966.jpg
103KB, 1200x900px
As a kid (14ish) i worked in a metal shop part time. Sweeping floors, cleaning and sorting tools etc.
In return, when it was a slow day, the guys there thought me how to weld, use most machines etc. And make some money on the side.
One time I was sweeping scraps around a mill. Across the room from me a worker was using a drill press and to the right of him another was working on a lathe.
On occasion i would glare at them and watch them work while i was sweeping floors. Its not like my job was fun or needed a lot of focus.
At one point i hear a loud SPLUNK and see the guy working on the drill press drop and the guy on the lathe run up to him looking panicked.
People started yelling and a lot of commotion. The next thing i know i was being kicked out of the shop.
Turn out the guy on the lathe forgot a tool in the chuck. That tool flew off and brained the guy on the drill press.
I never go back to that shop, things just aren't the same. Still good friends with the owner, even tho he's as old as dinosaur bones.
>>
>>1076979
What is it about cardboard factories that makes them so shitty to work in? I usedto lift forks at one, and all ofthebundles of cardboard and cartons were pilled in this big area like a mountain. We often had to climb around in it to find what we were lookingfor.
>>
>>1076646
Thanks for that post anon. Story as well as the vid. Both awesome.
>>
>>1076719
I didn't think anything could give bruises so quickly - dude's back looks like it liquefied, jesus.
>>
>>1077219
This is why you NEVER work with idiots. Their problem is YOUR problem - always make sure that Shitfuck Johnson on the machine next to you knows what he's doing or get out of the shop.
>>
>>1076964
I regularly work with a 750,000 ton press that is powered by human blood. It's my job to lure unsuspecting passers-by to their doom.
>>
>>1076646
>High school shop class
Good lord fuck this.

Granted I took electronics and didn't get to use the bigger tools (I think there were a few lathes, drills, saws and a metal forge of sorts, they were all old as fuck though), but there was a least a standing disc sander and a band saw.

Some dumbass got his apron caught in the sander, I was nearby doing my own work and saw the apron rapidly get twisted up so I jumped over and kicked the emergency stop.

Fuck band saws though, I used it a few times but the only safety function was an emergency stop and a perspex shield for when it wasn't used, them shits are scary.
>>
>>1077895
Assuming you have properly adjusted the blade guard, there's not a whole lot that can go wrong other than sticking your hand into it. But that's what the sticks are for.
>>
>be student
>working on a thread so the lathe was set to a stupidly low rpm
>see idiot wearing emo wristbands
>he was just sawing so I didn't say anything
>forget about it
>horrified screams
>wristbands got caught in his piece
>he broke his arm
He was lucky to be too stupid to change the rpm and that my lathe was the only one free because everyone else was working at 360 rpm
>>
File: 1477019369057.jpg (42KB, 429x344px) Image search: [Google]
1477019369057.jpg
42KB, 429x344px
No stories. Not even anyone leaving the key in the chuck.

Which is surprising because of how lax the safety was in highschool metal work.Our instructions were "tuck your shirt in, wear your glasses, this lever starts the lathe and you turn these to move the cutter" Then they'd just fuck off to the other room.

And the classes were always full of stoners making cone pieces on the lathe hogging them all. Ended up helping them just so I could finish my projects.

Same with welding and cutting, MIG, OXY, Stick all unsupervised and un-informed. Good times though.

Some days I wish I could go back there just to use there tools.
>>
>>1076896
You realize Jag and Land Rover were part of the same company, right? And conceivably, since they were owned by the same company, the same factory could have been turning out panels for cars in both lines, right?
>>
>>I took a Machine Trades class in High School and we had three lathes that students could operate without supervision.

>>Well anyway we spent nearly four weeks just covering basic shop safety and one of the things my teacher underlined on the board was, "Do not make adjustments while the machine is on". He emphasized it daily before our class entered the shop across the hall and yet for some reason this one kid just did not get the memo.

>>I remember the event vividly, because I had warned the kid myself five minutes before the incident happened. I felt somewhat responsible afterward as if I could have stopped the kid, but my verbal warning should have been enough. five minutes before this kid took a wrench to a spinning lathe to make an adjustment on his blade, I had told him as I handed him the wrench, "Do not make adjustments while the machine is on". He nodded his head at me and I figured he knew what he was doing. He was pretty far along into his project as was I. Unfortunately, either he was careless or too comfortable.

>>Moments after giving this kid the wrench he thrust his hand into the lathe by mistake has he attempted to loosen his blade a little bit. In doing so the machine took his hand and peeled his middle finger open like a banana! There was blood all over the machine and I stood there in disbelief as he held his hand up to expose his bloodied hand to me and all the other students standing by. It truly was a gnarly sight! The teacher rushed over and threw a towel over his hand and turned off the lathe. I still remember there was a piece of skin and a lot of blood left behind on that machine.

Interestingly enough I had bumped into this kid one day while working my old job. He remembered me and he remembered my warning. He thanked me and he showed me the minor scar left behind from that day.
>>
First year apprentice in a heavy machine shop was running the 32" lathe that night. Behind and across the isle was a W&S 4A that was being run by a second year apprentice. He was making some stainless bushing for a pickling line. The blanks were 16" in diameter and 14" thick, Had to make a hole in it and put a flange on the OD. Well he is starting on the hole with a 4" spade drill and didn't have the feed set high enough to cause the chips to break. So its making stringers and instead of using a chip hook to keep them under control he just lets them pile up until they get caught up in the chuck. Well that happens in a instant and he reaches over to stop the machine and in doing so all the chips swinging around cut the shit out of his wrist. It was a mess.

He never came back after that night and the next day I was running that machine making those parts. The control for the spindle is in a bad spot if anything gets wrapped up in the chuck.

https://youtu.be/V5UMlbmCg-Q?t=2m
>>
No lathe stories but have a few from the mill and cabinet shop I worked at. Watched shop retard try to tighten pneumatic drill chuck with hand whilst still connected to air. Needless to say, sucker dropped drill, but only after puff of smoke appeared from said hand while screaming the tortured of the damned. Was a good day.

Also saw a guy walking around the shop holding his hand wrapped with a shop towel in a daze. Evidently he had pin nailed his index finger to a piece of molding and was in shock.

Another time a fellow lost a few fingers running some sheet goods through a table saw, but i only got to see them escort him out, that and the blood trail. There were push sticks at every saw for a reason.

Some people do not belong in a shop type environment.
>>
>>1078732
Shock is so strange.
I got fucked by someone else's fuck up once. They set a brass bushing on top of a mold they were working on, it vibrated off, hit the tool, and launched into my chest.
I remember falling down, and holding my chest. I tried to get up and find someone, but I couldn't breathe.
Apparently the paramedics were trying to get me to lie down but I wouldn't. I don't remember a thing, except for waking up like a day later with a gigantic bruise and my chest wrapped up.
>>
>>1078739
Yessir, shops are dangerous. I think people just get used their surroundings, become over confident, and that is when accidents happen. It's amazing how little people actually do get hurt considering how unforgiving powered industrial machinery actually is. Throw in some non maintained equipment and poorly trained employees and that makes for a bad combination.

Now i have been pretty lucky and never blacked out from shock, but have definitely had my bell rung. I remember pulling parts from storage racks one time, not wearing my hard hat and ended up hitting the back of my head as hard as I could have when i lifted up. It was just like the cartoons, I saw stars, got nauseous, weak in the knees and almost passed out. All things considering, I have been pretty lucky. I try to always respect my surroundings, but sometimes shit happens.
>>
>>1078743
Yep. And then when something bad does happen, everyone is like a spooked horse and gets jumpy, which isn't good either.
We had a guy at the shop across the parking lot get crushed to a paste in a test press a year ago, and our number of accidents jumped like 25% immediately after it happens every time.
>>
>>1078744
Yeah, there is a fine line between aware and jumpy. You don't want to over analyze just how dangerous the job you are doing actually is. Work would never get done otherwise.
>>
>>1078739
I remember the day I got hit by a car, I was about 14 years old. I was walking across the street after school (I looked both ways, guy swung around the corner) and then suddenly I was looking at the sky and it took so long. I was just hanging in the air thinking "what could have happened? I'm spinning it seems, I must have been hit by something. God damnit, hit by a car, three cars go down this road a day and I got hit by one of them I'm an idiot" Just musing to myself the whole time I'm in the air, felt like forever. Then I hit the ground and the pain set in instantly.

I don't think I went into shock though, I remember being totally clear. Giving instructions on who to call, where my house was, commanding the driver (who was near out of his mind) NOT to move or touch me in case my spine was damaged. And then the nearly hour long drive to the hospital down bumpy roads I was calm and lucid, politely turning down morphine or any pain killers (despite being in massive amounts of it. I was really mistrustful of medicine at the time for personal reasons) and just in general totally fine.

It wasn't until I got home, into bed, and almost asleep that complete and utter terror rocked me to my core. I nearly shit myself, just lying in bed, totally frozen, I couldn't speak, I couldn't even close my eyes to blink. I don't know how long I was like that but it could have been hours, locked in total existential terror.

Everyone handles trauma differently.
>>
>>1078732
>Some people do not belong in a shop type environment.
Some people don't belong anywhere!
Where I lived many years ago near a sawmill you could tell how long people had worked in it by how many fingers where missing- going rate seemed to be about 1 per 5 years, maybe 2 if they where particularly gormless cunts or slow learners.

>>1078752
>Everyone handles trauma differently.
Lot of it from my own observations seems to come from upbringing, blood guts and mess never really bothered me. I grew up shooting and hunting from an early age, did search & rescue stuff running around in the bush finding dead-broken people and because we where so far out of town, often first on the scene for vehicle and farm accidents. After awhile and a few deployments with the military I just don't give a damn I guess- I really do dislike screaming though.
Something about someone yelling in pain really sets me off, I can watch actors in movies do it and be indifferent, but its not quite the same as the real thing.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.