[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Setting up Driveway LED lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: driveway.jpg (102KB, 850x702px) Image search: [Google]
driveway.jpg
102KB, 850x702px
Hello
I need some held with setting up lights on my driveway similar to the picture
The driveway is about 20m long and there are LED lights on one side along the way.
I want to set the lights so that they are turned on by motion.
On the house side of the driveway I plan to use a simple IR motion sensor, which is not a problem.
I have problem with the road side of the drive way. On the road side of the driveway I want to use a photocell or beam switch. (Sorry but I don't know the correct term, it is like a safety switch that you use on a sliding doors normally)
I want to se this kind of switch so lights are nor activated by every car , or cat that passes by.
I think in addition to switch I need a time delay relay that I put after the beam switch, but I'm not sure.
Anyone has any experience with this setup?
How do I connect this beam switch with IR motion sensor on a house side of the driveway?
Maybe a link to a parts that I need? (ebay, gearbest,.. is ok)
I'm in central EU if that matters.
>>
Sorry for typos (help use, not,..)
>>
sounds like you want a photo beam sensor as used by garage doors, like these: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-photo-beam-sensor.html

as for wiring it to your PIR, we'd lot a lot more information, like schematics of the setup.
>>
File: resize.jpg (52KB, 425x543px) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
52KB, 425x543px
>>1075842
>>So, uh what if you attach a phone with the speaker power wires instead rigged to a small motor. then like uh, used the motor to close an electrical switch. Then like, totse use that switch to like turn on one of those dollar store electrical lighters, so you can totally light fireworks. Like I mean turn off the call sound for everything except one number, and like call that phone from, china or something?

lel incoming spoopies meme meme.
>>
File: you funny.jpg (61KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
you funny.jpg
61KB, 750x600px
>>1075849

excellent post.
>>
>>1075850
<3
>>
File: shematics.png (40KB, 1811x839px) Image search: [Google]
shematics.png
40KB, 1811x839px
>>1075842
Schematics? i can draw a layout of the driveway quickly in paint if that would make it easier for you.
But it is simple on one end of driveway there is a IR sensor on the other end it is a photo beam sensor. In between there are 6 LED lights that have build in drivers (nothing special).
I'm not a electrical engineer, but if I understand correctly, the lights will be connected in parallel, while the sensors will be in serial to the lights and parallel to the other sensor.
>>
>>1075861
if you wanna connect things together, then you gotta know intimate details of how each one works. things like...
- how does the power get from the PIR to the lights? does it use a relay, or a transistor output. (a relay makes a clicking sound, a transistor is silent)
- what's the output of the the beam thing, relay or transistor?

if both have relays, that simplifies things a lot. you can just parallel the relays like in your drawing. but if not, then it gets complicated. it may be necessary to add extra relays externally.

it's also possible the beam thing works in reverse. the relay could close when you want it open, and vice versa.
>>
>>1075834
You're making this overly complicated.
Use one motion sensor on the house.
Adjust the aim downwards until it no longer goes off from vehicles on the street.
Most sensors aren't that sensitive, cats won't set them off.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.