[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starting own colony/settlement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: cimage_1a727395f7-thumbb.jpg (39KB, 667x363px) Image search: [Google]
cimage_1a727395f7-thumbb.jpg
39KB, 667x363px
This fits into many categories but /diy/ is the best place for advice and tips. My friends and I are trying to start a show/ colony preferably better than the current ones available. I doubt any crowed funding site will allow us. But never the less I'm hear for advice, tips and hints.

Also please add survival, homesteading and helpful /diy/ info graps or project ideas.
>>
>>1074855
what will you be bringing with you?
if you start with nothing make sure everyone has at least basic knowledge of survival skills.
consider making bows/spears/atlatals (/k/ stuff) learn how to build basic shelters make fires ect
>>
>>1074855
>crowed funding
>survival

off to a great start
>>
>>1074858
Well we are hoping to start with basic tools, some firearms, food for about 3-6 months and a boat to travel to neighboring port for trading. The main problem is the funding and support from volunteers. We're hoping to get about a hundred. .
>>
>>1074855
OPs cuck village can come visit /outs/ NEET village. And then we can go fuck up /k/s dick farming village.
>>
>>1074887
>/outs/ NEET village
>/k/s dick farming village
Oh, are those currently in planning? I haven't heard of any 4chin villages/communes/countries/whatever for a while.
>>
>>1074855
Where? I recc Patagonia if you have the means to travel.
>>
>>1074877
Do you have proficiency in
>farming
>carpentry
>sewing

Are you charismatic enough to lead 100 people in creating a colony?
>>
File: b9.jpg (225KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
b9.jpg
225KB, 600x600px
So you have no funds, no volunteers, no tools, no land, no project ideas, no listed experience, and you're asking us to provide you with useful information you just as easily could have discovered by using Google?

And you would like to start a colony better than the ones currently available?

! ! ! BINGO ! ! !

gg, OP
>>
>>1074904
oh op wants to start a cult,but has zero charisma
>>
>>1074889
They pop up on relevant board every few months and nothing ever happens.

Im doing one on my own in about 2 years when it becomes economical to sell my house.
>>
File: Meme 6905.jpg (131KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
Meme 6905.jpg
131KB, 611x404px
>>
>>1074903
No more like Caribbean or South America.
>>1074904
I'm proficient with a sewing kit. I grew up in a farm town and have experience remoldoling homes. A little acting and leadership experience. But it doesn't take a lot to be a leader. You just have to be willing to take a lot of criticism.
>>1074914
I know that is a concern but to ease people's minds we're turning the experience into a show and have multiple groups telling there stories. Like each group would have there own gopro.
>>1074906
Well i didn't get bingo. But this does concern me that this board has gone down hill since the early years when people use to actually read. I'm asking advice on starting I just wanted a general discussion and info gathering thread. Yeah i could have used google but it's never answer I'm looking for. Just a bunch of home made sites with shit for brains. But I guess all the brains has left here to. Better then the colony type shows.
>>
>>1074960
*remodeling.
>>
>>1074960
you want to give up internet and live like a jungle hunter gatherer from 1000 years ago? or do you want to cheat? if so, how?
>>
I will join your colony OP. I'm tired of the modern world. What role shall i perform? I'm mostly useless but i can start a fire and did some neat carpentry in elementary school.
>>
File: explosion-cover-2-1500x1000.jpg (403KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
explosion-cover-2-1500x1000.jpg
403KB, 1500x1000px
>>1074855
maybe start off alone or with family.
keep any weapons hidden from anyone else...
>>
>>1074889
somebody on /pol/ is always posting about an african colony, I can't remember which country it was in though
>>
>>1074987
You know.
The country Africa! Duh...
>>
>No more like Caribbean or South America.

Don't bother with the Caribbean.

Despite the fact that some places can look untouched. Every square inch of land has someone walking by every day, someone else has a financial interest in it, someone is fighting for it in court and someone else is squatting on it.

Trust me.

t. West Indian
>>
>>1075039
That's exactly what i would expect you to say on a chinese imageboard, if you were trying to keep people away from some really hot parcels of land, and keep them all for yourself.
>>
>>1074987
Theres actually quite a few competing for attention/funding/anyone who'll listen colonialist nutters on /pol/ - Rhodesia is (still..) strangely popular, considering it technically ceased to exist around 1980 or so.
>>
>>1075042

Well come along and try then.
>>
>>1074960
Starting your own colony is a cool idea, but I highly doubt it plays out very well.

That being said, I'll try to positively assist your development.

The very first thing that you need to do in order to start a literal pre-stone age colony or camp is be fit, and be knowledgeable. Anyone going with you needs to be in the same condition and mindset. If you can't run a mile without getting winded, you're not ready yet. If you don't know how to tie 20+ knots perfectly, you're not ready yet.

When putting yourself into an extreme survival situation, there is no such thing as being too prepared. You end up dealing with situations that play out in ways you could never have perceived and need to be able to adapt on the fly.

You should know how, and be able to, produce basic traps, weapons, tools, shelters, and even pottery and baskets.

There is a lot of stuff you need to learn so that you and your friends don't die by the end of the second week.
>>
https://primitivetechnology.wordpress.com/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477324652861.jpg (52KB, 656x554px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477324652861.jpg
52KB, 656x554px
>>1074887
U WAT M8?? I AM THE DICKFARMER AND THIS IS THE FIRST I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THIS NONSENSE DICKVILLAGE.

WHEN I GET MY GREATHELMS AND LIMO NEXT MONTH THOSE FAGGOTS BETTER PREPARE FOR A BUDDING GLORIOUS ALIANCE OR BE BEATEN WITH FOAM SWORDS WHILE WE RETAKE THE HOLY LAND.

Yall mutherfuckers dont wannt mess with the dickfarmer. I got psycho ass friends. And not basement dwelling cucks. Grown ass veterans and proffessional kickboxers and attorneys and oildfield hands.

I demand to know wtf is goin of or I'm going to start a crusade.
>>
>>1074889
I'm buying 5 acres and putting rotting campers on it for anon if that counts?
>>
>>1075083
We had a makeshift colony and called it the commune so we could be communists.

Was both sides of a duplex and like 10 of us. Half always squatting.

Now that we are mostly 30 and so.e are successful we are building a large square apartment with 20 units. Some will be condos and some will be apartments. And for kicks 1 side is just walls with utilities for our squatter friends.

The condo owners will split the bill for the squaters up to a point and then we just start turning shit off. Gonna be legit af. U faggots can come visit kansas and help with projects if u want and squat on the floor of the cuckroom.
>>
File: 1305487523857.gif (32KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1305487523857.gif
32KB, 410x410px
>>1075039
>Don't bother with the Caribbean.
>Despite the fact that some places can look untouched. Every square inch of land has someone walking by every day, someone else has a financial interest in it, someone is fighting for it in court and someone else is squatting on it.
I had a relative who lived in somewhat-backwoods Alaska for a few years, and it is much the same way...

1. Most of the land is government-owned, all the rest is private-property or corporate owned. Normal people don't like poachers and trespassers squatting in hunting cabins,,, and companies don't want you stealing their equipment. So if any of them see you then they call the police, who come and drag you off and burn your stuff.
2. People who saw First Blood and read a few survival books think they can survive a -20F winter by living in a cave and eating rabbits. You won't. And bears WILL find you.

the short version: you can't homestead in "the wilderness" in Alaska without permission. The cops will probably come and drag you off, and if they don't then you will freeze to death during the first winter.
>>
>>1075338
Where and for what board?
Is it going to be one of the MGTOW ones?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477324367110.jpg (154KB, 800x938px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477324367110.jpg
154KB, 800x938px
>>1075427
Lol, i dont know what that means and we havent closed on the property so i havent posted yet. But in a few months im buying cucksheds and rvs and trying them together for a cuckshead shanty town. That and storage. I got a lot of junk shit and am a hoarder. I like it. Its my hobby. I have had a fit twice and hauld 15 truckloads of shit off and still regret it. Ill keep my shit till it fills up the house and burn/scrap loads as i need until. The house was her grandfathers and assuming some of you faggots aren't theives or underage b& my wife can cook very well and ill feed ya beers to help me dig through all these buildings and orginise shit. I am having to build a personal army or hire local help. Some of it is just heavy and hard to get to and some is just that the sheer volume and my disabled foot it would take a lifetime to get it in order. Yall faggots are cheap labor for beer and food and lodging. And i can trade u shit if u dont want beer or soending the night in a cuckcity botheres u
>>
>>1075427
Kansas also. Sry
>>
>>1075442
Can we pull trains on your waifu ?
>>
>>1074889
/diy/'s /dig/ contingent keep requesting bunkerbro to let them create a glorious subterranean kingdom, but he's refused so far. Spoilsport.
>>
>>1074855
Make a reality TV show. I'd pay to watch some jungle people try to survive.
>>
>>1075527

Especially one that doesn't obviously force ridiculous unrealistic nonsense or have a repeating situation they need to explain for 5 mins every episode with some N64 tier 3D graphics.
>>
Kinda neat.
If I saw it actually working I'd build you some shitty electronics and donate them
>>
>>1074987
I saw one for Namibia a few months ago, but that would be in the middle of a desert.
>>
What's the point in colonizing somewhere in south america instead of just building on some land in North America or Europe?
>>
Not exactly the most /fit/ person, but I'm not a hamplanet, so I'm fine. As for knowledge, I'm decent with a lot of things. I can build, take down, and learn stuff relatively quickly. While I would like to own my own land and build a home there, I might be willing to aid someone.
>>
>>1074960
>Caribbean or South America.
Everything bites in the jungle, everything; should be reading in infection, virus and parasite management, also be ready to sweat all day in the hot summer months and be equally wet in the rainy months.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.