[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aftermarket Micro Sd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161023_144130.jpg (1MB, 2880x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_144130.jpg
1MB, 2880x1728px
Probably wrong board for this, but oh well.

So I made the mistake if buying an eBay micro SD cart, and of course as soon as I bought it, the listing it gone etc etc. Anyway, it's labeled as 64gb, it reads as 64gb, but try and write more than 2gb and it will come up with an error and everything corrupts, and refuses to read anything without a reformatting.

Is there anyway to tell the disk to display the correct capacity of the SD cart, or is this one destined to become landfill?
>>
>>1074467
Its landfill
The onboard chip has been programmed to report 64gb to all inquiries while lacking the physical space. As soon as you run out of physical room the chipset shits itself.

Report the seller for fraud to ebay and paypal in your control panel's purchase history.

Keep it in case they demand you send it back for your refund.

I know its too late now, but never buy memory cards from third parties. Only established online retailers or brick and mortar stores. If you're buying on a site like Amazon, verify that it is "sold by and shipped by Amazon. And if you're feeling particularly adventurous, by it from ebay, but NEVER EVER from China.
>>
Yeah, throw it.

You want a Mixza instead, /g/ tested and approved.
>>
>>1074468
>Report the seller for fraud to ebay and paypal in your control panel's purchase history.

This.

You will get your money back in full including any shipping. The amount of effort into trying to correct the issue isn't worth the headache for a 2gb card.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 480x480px
Look at it through disk manager. What does it say? If there are other partitions, delete them so the card is one partition.
If formatted to fat 32, maximum file size is 4 gb.
I'd you need to store files larger than 4 gb then format to xfat or NTFS. If using in a phone, the device might not recognize an NTFS formatted volume.
>>
Try to open up a warrany RMA exchange from the real company that this was counterfeited from. You can do it on the website.

I did this for a sandisk that was fake and they gave me a free replacement.

You get what you pay for, but sometimes companies will try to fix their reputation even if its not their fault.
>>
>>1074467
Dude just watch the bestbuy ads/sales I picked up a Samsung microSD 64gb for $20 and a 32 for $10 earlier this year.
>>
>>1074512
>posts a bunch of incongruent unrelated useless information to OPs request for help
Stop shitting up this fucking board. Its one of the last good boards since Goobs was doxxed
>>
>>1074512
This was almost a solution. When you format the partition, you can select the partition size. Set it to 2gb, and leave the rest of the disk blank.
>>
>>1074558
Confirmed for idiot who does not understand computers
>>
>>1074467

try running disk check on the card? Scan for broken chunks, and see if it's totally hooped?

contact the seller, but if it's from china or anywhere in asia you're not gonna get a response.
>>
>>1074745
>Cut your losses
You're the reason these kikes get away with it
>>
It's best not to buy stuff from Chinese ebay sellers generally. MicroSD cards are so cheap in shops or from legit online retailers these days... why buy from chinaman off ebay?

Anyway the chances are its toast, and I'd imagine you bought it so cheap that it's not even worth the hassle of reporting to ebay, sending back then waiting weeks for a refund etc.

Just cut your losses and stop being a cheapskate.
>>
>>1074748
Spoken like a true victim.
>>
>>1074468
I've always had good experiences with buying Micro SD cards on Amazon without bothering verifying the seller, but I only go for reputable brands.
>>
Why the fuck are you buying SD cards out ebay?
>>
>>1074758
>but I only go for reputable brands.
Yeah what were you thinking, OP? The fuck is "samsung"?
>>
Run a flash tester like the one included with RMPrepUSB or something. Odds are it's counterfeit.

The amount of fake flash cards coming out of China is insane. I buy a lot of crap (mostly electronics components) straight from China and flash ANYTHING (USB sticks, memory cards, SSDs) I steer clear of. Been fucked one too many times. Last one was one of those exact Samsung EVO 64GB cards, actually. Got my money back every time, but, still, it's a pain in the ass.

I stick to well-known suppliers and brick-and-mortar stores, now.
>>
>>1074467
What color is the side of the microsd?
>I bet it isn't white
>>
Google "fake usb tool". Cant remember the software name, but this was all the rage back with 32/64/128gb usb thumb drives the other year. There is a freebie tech software that will determine what it actually is and allow you to alter the chip settings to the right settings.
>>
>>1074865
Black, so is the bottom
>>
>>1074894
http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/ for linux or
h2testw for windows
>>
>>1074953
The real samsung ones are white on the side of the microsd card.
>>
File: Untitled.png (429KB, 967x608px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
429KB, 967x608px
>>1075994
>>
>>1074467
You got a Chinese knockoff. You would have to find the right firmware and reflash the card which will cost you more in time than buying a good one.
>>
OP, run the memory card tool and post the info on here
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.