[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i had an internet cafe more than 10 computers, have since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Video-wall-six-monitor.jpg (46KB, 847x318px) Image search: [Google]
Video-wall-six-monitor.jpg
46KB, 847x318px
So i had an internet cafe more than 10 computers, have since sold off most of my hardware but still have like 6 17" 768*1024 monitors, is there a cheaper way than using 2 triplehead2go adapters to run my 6 monitor video wall?

Gonna take the casing of and weld up a frame to hold my 6 monitors 2 high, 3 wide.

Using a gtx 960 4gb that can technically run 4 monitors, but my monitors are old vga and dvi a, don't want to have to deal with 20 adapters to use only one triplehead2go, just want a simple to setup solution.

So basically wondering if anyone knows a external video adapter that will let me run my 1536*3072 resolution over 6 monitors?

Pic related
>>
File: DSCF0163.jpg (944KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0163.jpg
944KB, 2304x1728px
just stuff more graphics cards in, and use SoftTH
nvidia nvs280s were adequate as secondaries when i had a video wall
>>
>>1074008
Usb to vga adapters?
>>
>>1074100

that right there is fucking stupid. why thew hell use 6 smal monitors when you can buy a like 72" TV or video display and eliminate those fucking bezels that just would annoy the fuck out of me watching video on that
>>
>>1074233
>Paying thousands more for a new tv when you already have 6 monitors

Okay buddy
>>
>>1074241
thousands?
>>
>>1074233
it was a long time ago, and we needed the resolution to work on gigapixel scans.
six 17" panels was a heck of a lot cheaper than an IBM T220.
>>
>>1074245
Uh,yeah. Been to walmart lately? 72 inches is a little over a grand for a good one. This is /diy/ not /buybuybuy/
It's like people don't think before they post .
>>
>>1074273
>$1000 is now plural.
>A single thousand is thousands somehow

A 72" TV also doesn't have 2-inch bezel lines running through the middle. You cannot /diy/ software and computer hardware for specialized applications.

You might be able to get away with buying a video card with AMD's eyefinity gimmick. It works really well, but it'll probably be a $350 card.
>>
>>1074100
My current computer is a uatx board so I only have a spare pcie x1 port, but using one of these
https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814500395
And the program you posted will let me output to 6 monitors I think, everything gets rendered on the one, in my case 960 right?
>>
>>1074273
>This is /diy/ not /buybuybuy/

Yeah, but there's no point in doing something yourself if the result is going to be so fucking awful.

Making a large screen to view media on is not a DIY task.

If you can't afford a giant screen, just watch on a single small screen.
>>
>>1074417
>Yeah, but there's no point in doing something yourself if the result is going to be so fucking awful.

You haven't been here long, have you?
>>
File: kVF2HQd.jpg (929KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
kVF2HQd.jpg
929KB, 4000x4000px
>>1074100
christ those bezels are disgusting
>>
File: image_18.jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image_18.jpg
15KB, 300x168px
>>1074233
This! Thank you!
>>
>>1074279

eyefinity works with 7700 series cards which can be had for under $100
>>
>>1074445
Yeah... Makes a 1000$ TV look like the cheapest object in the world.
>>
>>1074273
>72 inches is a little over a grand
so not thousands
>for a good one.
a broken piece of shit TV would look better than 6 old monitors taped together
>>
>>1074465
yeah, go find a sub 100 dollar card that can drive 6 monitors in some hacky tile mode
>>
File: serveimage(82).jpg (200KB, 2150x1434px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(82).jpg
200KB, 2150x1434px
On the same note.
Wouldn't one be able to remove the bezels and make it all borderless?
I know it would depend on the tv but in general?

Are the screen often separated from the innards (with like a ribbon cable? If that is the case couldn't you move the screen a little and make it borderless that way?
>>
>>1074529
>Wouldn't one be able to remove the bezels
yes
>and make it all borderless?
not even close
>>
>>1074531
> Says it doesn't work
>Doesn't care to explain why?
Please do elaborate.
>>
>>1074532
screens have parts that don't show pictures around the edge
>>
File: ThinBezelMonitors_headerv2[1].jpg (59KB, 960x345px) Image search: [Google]
ThinBezelMonitors_headerv2[1].jpg
59KB, 960x345px
>>1074532
not him, but unscientifically, the way panels are made, you need a bezel, because (technical manufacturing necessity/whatever). You get 'thin bezel' panels made specifically for videowall use - here again, 'thin' does not mean non-existent.

Traditionally, videowalls have either an overscan adjustment, so the frames are slightly bigger and the composite picture 'passes under' the bezel joints, like a windowframe effect (vastly less annoying, otherwise, it 'jumps'), or, they use projectors onto fresnel screens, whereby the seams are near invisible.
>>
>>1074542
So you can't escape the ugly, annoying ass window view?... Well that sucks
>>
>>1074465
Maybe at 640x480. It's going to look like shit unless he spends money on a decent card. Even at 1080p (counting all displays as one), it's going to look like shit spread across 6 shitty monitors with the unavoidable gaps. Also, it takes more processing power to use multiple monitors than it does to drive a single monitor equivalent.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.