[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small form factor microphone systems?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 187x270px
Hey I'm in the planning stages of a costume, but the costume has a metal mask I'll be casting out of either bronze or aluminium, but I wanted to put a microphone, speakers, and a push to talk button in it.
I was hoping to have a mic attached to my right ear, which would have a simple pushbutton on it to activate the microphone. I wanted to push sound through two small round speakers at the chin, and I don't mind if the speakers are a little bit tinny.
I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a place I could order parts from to keep it cheap and who would ship to Canada.
I have a lot of baritone in my voice as well, so preferably the mic would have a built in ability to not distort like a lot of mics do.
>>
File: rescuemissionjedicompanion.png (407KB, 940x395px) Image search: [Google]
rescuemissionjedicompanion.png
407KB, 940x395px
Bampin
>>
File: dollar store heaven.jpg (38KB, 708x240px) Image search: [Google]
dollar store heaven.jpg
38KB, 708x240px
this is all stuff you can get at the dollar store, to take apart and remake. they even had an amplified mic at one time, called a spy mic. i bought a bunch of them, and they're surprisingly good if you replace the mic with one from an old phone.

if that's too cheap, you can probably find the headset from a dead Sony or Samsung phone sitting in a drawer somewhere, or from a friend.
>>
>>1073898
I was thinking more along the lines of individual electronic components...I want to actually build the circuit, not cannibalize existing stuff.
>>
>>1073909
There's not really much of a difference. Unless you're winding your own fucking coils, you'd be basically doing the same thing. Except instead of taking a mic out of a package, youre ripping the exact same component out of a toy.
>>
you mean like this? https://lowvoltage.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/lm386-mic-amp/

it's not clear what sound is supposed to come out of the speakers. if it's your own voice then it would never work, coz the mic and the speakers would be so close, you'd get 100% feedback.
>>
>>1073912
Isn't it possible to shield the speaker from the microphone?
>>
nope, sound is sneaky and it will find a way. you need shielding and distance, or just distance, or complicated echo-cancelling circuitry.
>>
Throat microphone. Little to no background noise.
>>
so you want a microphone at your ear and speakers at your mouth so that you'll be able to talk while you have a mask on?
>>
>>1073843
>not making the mask of Corvo Attano
never gonna make it
>>
Not shill. But they make these cheap pieces of junk every year

https://www.amazon.com/Darth-Vader-Voice-Changer-Device/dp/B000RIXYUS/ref=pd_sbs_t_3/104-0549041-4016712
>>
Cast that shit in aluminum. Casting shit thin in bronze is still pretty heavy. Aluminum may be more brittle, but the weight should allow you to cast it a little thicker than you would in bronze. For something as thin as a helmet you better be doing loss wax casting, unless you want a sandy textured mess that will be an ass to chase and the more cleanup you need, the more chance you have of fucking it up.

Foundry dork rant over
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.