[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Order up! Wood!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-20-39.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-20-39.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Alright im back as promised there is no woodwork general so I'm forced to create a thread.

Anons where asking me about my spalted live oak log. I finally got around to cutting slices out of it. All the pieces are rift sawn. And mostly seasoned, just outdoor moisture content form the south USA. I still have lots of log left. But im using a circular saw to cut the slices so im limited to little over 2 inch wide. Thickness is limited to about 5 inches max.

Pic related is a piece after a quick bit on the sander and a little spar urethane applied.

More pictures after for the pieces for sale. Gonna sell them locally if nobody buys them from here first (you get special prices here!)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-28-23.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-28-23.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Heres picture number one.

Sadly for me a barkbeedle seemed to have bored some holes below the surface and made its home. But all the pieces are still useable!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-30-34.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-30-34.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>1073465
Picture number 2

Prices written are for local! Remember anons who asked her get special prices!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-32-29.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-32-29.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Final image.

The Ts stand for pieces that can be used for turning. And the Xs are thin pieces that are extra and could be sliced on a bandsaw and used for inlay work. Or possibly you can use it for carving little animal curios. Or what ever you can think of.
>>
>and if anyone here wants to buy the whole lot all at once. Your price is $42 dollars that includes shipping cost too.
>>
those prices are outrageous. did you mill that with a rusty spoon you shyster bastard?
>>
>>1073473
Fuck off. Im not gonna plane every piece to thickness as that raises the price considerably.

And considering there is not a single sawmill around me in like the whole state. People who want to wood work need to go to woodcraft. And those are some seriously marked up prices.

If you want me to thickness and clean up all the edges its gonna cost an extra 8 dollars a piece. As spalted wood does not do well under my handplanes and needs to be tended too on the belt sander. And belts aren't cheap.
>>
someone didn't search

>>1067715
>>
>>1073544
I did search, but that's not the official wood work general.

gonna cut more pieces tomorrow, if anyone wants a "custom" size, let me know within the next 16 hours from this post.

And if you want it squared/or hexagon.

Knife scale stock or what ever. Long length is about 13 inches so that's as long as I can get length wise.
>>
>>1073634
the title says "woodworking"

that's as official as 4chan gets
>>
Cunt OP go sell your dead tree carcases somewhere else.
>>
>>1073491

No saw mill in whole state

Selling 8 inch planks

Wtf
>>
File: 1.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
Let's see ...
>>
File: 2.jpg (197KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
197KB, 1280x720px
Dry marker 2€
>>
>>1073756
>>1073757
Order up, shipping not included.
e-mail: [email protected]
>>
>>1073757
>14 EUR for a 20-30 cm peace of wood.
ahahahahahah
m8, just write me a message I will sell you 500 m^2 of that shit 0.5 EUR a peace, shipping free.
>>
>>1073462
OP, just before you get b& for shilling - would you kindly acknowledge your award as /diy/ Asshole of the Month?

big honor - you need to be some special POS for this, trust me.
>>
>>1073491
You know what would have raised the sell price of it too? Leaving it whole and selling it to someone that knows what theyre doing. It would have also kept the value. That stuff if going to set in your backyard till its soggy and splitting.

This is a new evolution for /diy/, it's gone from "ive got useless trash, what do i make" to "what can make i make out of useless trash to sell for profit" to "ive got this useless trash to sell, fuck putting any effort in"
>>
File: 3.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>1073767
Obviously I am mocking OP. I have a sawmill and make stuff my own.

Pic related, my sawmill.
>>
People buy that worm-eaten, credit card sized shit?

Damn, I should start a business. I could clear a grand a day and clean m yard at the same time.
>>
>>1073756
>>1073757
>>1073759
>>1073788
>>1073792

Read THE FUCKING THREAD.

Prices marked on the pieces are for local sales. Not here, here its considerably cheaper as the competition is hire.

The wood is spalted live oak!

To get spalted oak from wood craft. They sell 2 inch wide 12 inch long 1/4" thickness for 8 dollars a piece..... Sure its planed and squared.

Im selling almost 3x the size, for 5 dollars.. And all mine are RIFT sawn. If any of you actually knew what you where talking about and not spitting off your bullshit opinions I wouldn't have to call you what you are. Fucking retards.

>>1073956
Learn what spalted wood is an why its worth what it is you fucking troll.
>>
>>1073788
He's got some stiff competition from the water pump guy though.
>>
>>1073992
http://www.finewoodworking.com/2009/04/14/spalt-your-own-lumber
>>
>>1073999
This article assumes that spalted wood is just fungus growing on the wood. Like a black mold for example. And that isn't correct. The fungus that creates the deep rich black lines is actually a particular fungus. So just letting a piece of wood rot isn't exactly idea to get the same effects as my pieces.

And if I had a large bandsaw or a small sawmill I would totally cut up larger slabs... I have a half of tree that was ripped in half in my woods (clearing fallen timbers) thats about 20 feet long about 4 feet in a half in thickness and has signs of spalting growth all through it.. Remember this is live oak too.. Not shitty softwoods ya get normally on ebay.

And the old wood work general. There was a guy on there asking me if I could find him some oak stuff for picture frames. So if you're not him/her and arent actually looking to even consider getting some, why commet at all? It really doesn't matter to you if all you're going to do is be negative.

Also selling stuff on /diy/ Isnt agaist the rules. Spamming your shitty youtube channel or website that sells shit, is.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.