[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hand drill li ion conversion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Guys how do I wire this board to 4 18650 cells to power a hand drill? I don't get what those VL,VM,VH are for.
>>
>>1073351

Small education in basic googling :

USE IMAGE SEARCH.

The pic was the 4th pic for 4S-30A.

You better be sure your cells are genuine high discharge rate 18650's, or they will explode.

PS. just in case you don't know, the two parallel line symbols in there are symbols for voltage sources. In this case your batteries, the side with the longer line is the positive.
>>
>>1073385
Thanks and no these are cells I recovered from a laptop battery. I bought this board to not connect them directly to the drill so I'll be using these yeah.
>>
>>1073414

How many cells in the laptop?

If you had 8 you could simply use 4S2P with that some protection board.
>>
>>1073429
The battery had 6 and I have another 2 laying around from another disassembled battery but I wouldn't use different cells to create a battery pack and those 2 were the only not completely dead ones (a nifty little board helped me revive 2 out of 6). I use them to charge my phone. Thanks for the tip though.
>>
File: 1476809535412.png (2MB, 1436x1692px) Image search: [Google]
1476809535412.png
2MB, 1436x1692px
So does that board balance charge and have low voltage cut off?
>>
>>1073439
Yes
>>
Ok it's working but if I press the button all the way down the circuit comes in and cuts the power. The motor is rated 12V but 4 18650 cells make up to 14.8V maybe this has something to do with it too.
>>
>>1073351
voltage high, voltage medium, voltage low
>>
>>1073834
Youre pulling too much current. Also the board in the Laptop battery does exactly what the board you bought does, so you could have just used that. But for a drill this won't work. These boards are made for low current applications(generally <5a). A drill may pull over 10a or even 20a at full power.
>>
>>1075467
Errm, I'm pretty sure that is a high current board from the side of the MOSFETs and the 30A in the image filename. At a guess, the current draw might be dragging the battery voltage below the low-voltage cutoff because the cells aren't designed for high-current use.
>>
>>1075560
Good eye, i didnt check the file name. Knowing that it seems likely he cant pull that much current from used laptop cells. Actually, it has to be that, cause he has them in 4s-1p most likely. I would expect the cells to be able to do 7-10a before they crap out.
>>
>>1075897
On a side note, anyone have any ideas on what to do with about 100laptop batteries, new but returned to the store. I started making a 4s-9p pack to jump start cars with. Any other ideas?
>>
>>1075560

It's a high current board, but they are not high current cells.

The ESR in the cells is likely too high, causing voltage to drop below under voltage protection so it turns off.

Might work with 4s2p.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.