[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which components do I choose to make a sentry turret?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Turretportal.jpg (88KB, 459x787px) Image search: [Google]
Turretportal.jpg
88KB, 459x787px
Whats up /diy/, I have this concern. I want to build a Sentry Turret, the one from the famous game series Portal. I just dont know the sensors I need to take, or which microcontroller to use. Can you give me a hand? If we can skip any Arduino related thing, better, and I dont care about the costs, I just want to know the ingredients to build one of these.
>>
These links might be helpful:

http://projectsentrygun.rudolphlabs.com/make-your-own

http://projectsentrygun.freeforums.org/
>>
>>1073317
thank YOU very much!!
>>
I've been wanting to build something like this that shoots paintballs to keep deer out of my garden
>>
>>1073310

you could make a really dope one

just run it from a computer

get a CM1K devkit from cognimeme to recognize people

connect a webcam to the computer

control angle of turret with motors
>>
>>1073317
There was also the guy who rigged up a R-Pi with a laser to shoot flies out of the air. Dunno how much info he put online about it tho.

I only bought Portal 2 recently. The snarky dialog is kinda overdone IMO.

Some parts are funny tho. I like how when Wheatley tries to put a bunch of crap turrets on you, and there's one that's still in the box.

>>1073352
>I've been wanting to build something like this that shoots paintballs to keep deer out of my garden
At least in the USA--they sell automatic sprinklers that will do that.
It's not as sadistic as paintballs, but anyway. It's a lot quicker and easier way to something that works.
>>
>>1073416
I have one of those sprinklers, they get used to it after a while
>>
>>1073415
I dont know much about electronic, can i make the sistem to deploy the weapons of the portal turret with arduino and servomotors?
>>
>>1074104
The system servo will need 2 ardino for the turret alignment, bes u luck frend
>>
>>1074158
Ok, thanks mate
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.